Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Another killer meal at Shimogamo

I can't for anything imagine why this place isn't packed from open to
close, but that's the restaurant biz for you.

Here's what I had last night:

Kumamoto oysters. Four tiny nodules, tasting of the sea and the
pepper-oil sauce and tobiko they were garnished with.

Ama-dai (sweet snapper) nigiri. Actually slightly less sweet than
regular tai, but oilier in a pleasant, infused way.

Hotate gunkan. The only thing I ordered that wasn't on the specials
board, and it might as well have been.

King Crab nigiri. Two huge, sweet, deep, moist chunks of leg meat,
making the perfect "dessert".

Through all of this I sipped on a "glass" (6 oz in a glass carafe,
served cold with a regular sake cup) of Jyozen Mizunogotoshi Junmai
Ginjyo sake. It's one of the cleanest-tasting sakes I've ever had, and
well worth the $14.50.

--Blair

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default uni and coltrane

'nuff said?
Posted to alt.food.sushi

Howard Johnson wrote:
> 'nuff said?

wait a second...i didn't remember any uni today, but i'm pretty sure
that was Trane on the sound system at lunchtime...

Were you there?

--Blair