Samartha Deva

Default Is it San Francisco Sourdough?

Ernie wrote:

> I made the best sourdough yet with Samartha's rye starter, but I
> guess it isn't San Francisco Sourdough even though I live in the
> San Francisco area because I used the wrong type of starter.
> Oh well,
> Ernie

How can you tell that it's "wrong", if the LB SF's were found in
sourdoughs across the planet which is a research proven fact?

The reason being that this particular bacteria is most efficient in the
bread sourdough environment and can do better than the other's. Also,
interestingly - so far (if wrong, correction with reference, please) the
only place the LB SF's have been found is in sourdoughs.

How they get in there seems to be a mystery, but so are the fairies in
Ireland taking bloody revenge on individuals harming their fairy bushes.

If you get the results you like, what does it matter?

To determine what's really growing, even getting an approximate count of
the number of organisms involves microscopy, coloring of samples etc.

You can always think that you have them because your bread comes out
well and contribute to the widespread belief that one needs to have LB
SF's to make good bread.

Enjoy!

Samartha

--
remove -nospam from my email address, if there is one
SD page is the http://samartha.net/SD/
Dee Randall

"Ernie" > wrote in message
. com...
> I made the best sourdough yet with Samartha's rye starter, but I
> guess it isn't San Francisco Sourdough even though I live in the
> San Francisco area because I used the wrong type of starter.
> Oh well,
> Ernie

Ernie, there must be thousands of "Ernie"'s in the San Francisco area, but I
remember one particular Ernie who was/is a merchant marine in the 70/80's.
Could that in a million(s) chances be you?
Dee

Ernie

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message
> Ernie, there must be thousands of "Ernie"'s in the San

Francisco area, but I
> remember one particular Ernie who was/is a merchant marine in

the 70/80's.
> Could that in a million(s) chances be you?
> Dee

No Dee, I was in the Navy in the 50's
Ernie