P and H Macguire

Default Vacuum bag sealer

Lidl is going to have a Bifinett Vacuum Bag Sealer at £9.99. Does anyone
have experience of this machine?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

P and H Macguire wrote:
> Lidl is going to have a Bifinett Vacuum Bag Sealer at £9.99. Does
> anyone have experience of this machine?
>

> Regards and thanks in advance

If it's anything like the ones they have on the shopping channels it'll be a
good toy, but I didn't notice any bags for it for sale. IIRC they have to be
a special kind.

Si

Crunchie

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" > wrote in message
> P and H Macguire wrote:
> > Lidl is going to have a Bifinett Vacuum Bag Sealer at £9.99. Does
> > anyone have experience of this machine?
> >

> > Regards and thanks in advance
> >

> If it's anything like the ones they have on the shopping channels it'll be

> good toy, but I didn't notice any bags for it for sale. IIRC they have to

be
> a special kind.
>
> Si

I bought one last year, rubbish, useless, messy, a pain in the arse to use,
I only used it twice, I have no idea where to buy spare bags. As you can
probably guess I didnt think much of it.

Crunch...........

Gary Dobson

I got one last year, the bags that came with it were rubbish. but i use the
lidle sandwich bags and they seal ok use it daily to seal sandwich bags also
ok for freezing
Gazza
"Crunchie" > wrote in message

> "Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" > wrote in message
> > P and H Macguire wrote:
> > > Lidl is going to have a Bifinett Vacuum Bag Sealer at £9.99. Does
> > > anyone have experience of this machine?
> > >

> > > Regards and thanks in advance
> > >

> > If it's anything like the ones they have on the shopping channels it'll

be
> > good toy, but I didn't notice any bags for it for sale. IIRC they have

> be
> > a special kind.
> >
> > Si
> >

> I bought one last year, rubbish, useless, messy, a pain in the arse to

use,
> I only used it twice, I have no idea where to buy spare bags. As you can
> probably guess I didnt think much of it.
>

> Crunch...........

D.A.L.

> I got one last year, the bags that came with it were rubbish. but i use
the
> lidle sandwich bags and they seal ok use it daily to seal sandwich bags

also
> ok for freezing

Can you get bags big enough for small unruly children - I've often thought
about using space saver bags for the same thing (you know the ones, you zip
up one end and suck out the air using a vacuum cleaner). Could also be a
good way of keeping a dead grandparent fresh if they die over the weekend.

Vox Humana

"D.A.L." > wrote in message
> > I got one last year, the bags that came with it were rubbish. but i use

> the
> > lidle sandwich bags and they seal ok use it daily to seal sandwich bags

> also
> > ok for freezing
> >

> Can you get bags big enough for small unruly children - I've often thought
> about using space saver bags for the same thing (you know the ones, you

zip
> up one end and suck out the air using a vacuum cleaner). Could also be a
> good way of keeping a dead grandparent fresh if they die over the weekend.

Why do bad things always happen on the weekend when everything is closed?

discodiva

I purchased this item a few weeks ago. It sucks alright but not how it's
supposed to. I cant find where to get replacement bags for it but not that
i need them any more anyway as the thing is caput already. the vacuum pump
has stopped working. but when it did work, When I used sandwich bags it
sucked the air out but 9 times out of 10 it got back in again.

Melba's Jammin'

In article
outcooking.com>,
"discodiva" > wrote:

> I purchased this item a few weeks ago. It sucks alright but not how it's
> supposed to. I cant find where to get replacement bags for it but not that
> i need them any more anyway as the thing is caput already. the vacuum pump
> has stopped working. but when it did work, When I used sandwich bags it
> sucked the air out but 9 times out of 10 it got back in again.

If it's only a few weeks old, and you purchased it from a store vs. a
private party, it should still be under warranty. Contact Tilia about
it. Can't find bags? Search using Google.com and the words "bags +
Tilia" (without the quotation marks. That search combination yielded
25,500 hits, at least some of which are appropriate to your need. Good
luck on your quest!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/4/04.

Dan W

In article >, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>In article
boutcooking.com>,
>"discodiva" > wrote:
>
>> I purchased this item a few weeks ago. It sucks alright but not how it's
>> supposed to. I cant find where to get replacement bags for it but not that
>> i need them any more anyway as the thing is caput already. the vacuum pump
>> has stopped working. but when it did work, When I used sandwich bags it
>> sucked the air out but 9 times out of 10 it got back in again.

Don't think they are designed for sandwich bags. They depend on one side
having eiged sides. If you live near a Sears store, you can get bags there.
Or if you are a member of one of the wharehouse stores like Sam's or BJ's
check if they have any.

Again you need special bags to work the vaccum sealers.

_
(_) Daniel Warren, RPh
_______// Marion NY
(________) Clinical Pharmacist
\ /
| Rx |
/______\

Dan W

In article >, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>In article
boutcooking.com>,

Vacuum sealer bags GoodCook Preserving 1 05-07-2009 05:04 PM
Vacuum sealer bags Big Daddy's House Preserving 0 05-07-2009 04:48 PM
Vacuum Sealer [email protected] Preserving 1 10-01-2005 03:05 AM
Best-Vac vacuum sealer Red Cooking Equipment 1 07-07-2004 03:09 AM
B&D vacuum sealer KenCo Preserving 1 08-12-2003 05:20 PM