Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

Default REC: Chicken Nanbanzuke ...with dog...

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/16/2014 5:23 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> And no headbands either, yes?

>> Oh no.. she is a wee collie. But I must say she is very feisty <g> If
>> you want a pic of her (sans headband) I am sure I could oblige ;-)
>>

> Lovely dogs, I'd enjoy seeing a pic.

I will see what I can do) We have rescue dogs and this one is the
cheekiest, most feisty and bossy one we have ever had <g> She joins in
conversations too! When we are talking she will sit between and voice her
opinion. She really is *some* dog <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

On 9/17/2014 5:40 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> Oh no.. she is a wee collie. But I must say she is very feisty <g> If
>>> you want a pic of her (sans headband) I am sure I could oblige ;-)
>>>

>> Lovely dogs, I'd enjoy seeing a pic.

> I will see what I can do) We have rescue dogs and this one is the
> cheekiest, most feisty and bossy one we have ever had <g> She joins in
> conversations too! When we are talking she will sit between and voice
> her opinion. She really is *some* dog <g>

That's just very cool, so will she go to a needy party at some point?
And if so, what will her skills be?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>> I will see what I can do) We have rescue dogs and this one is the
>> cheekiest, most feisty and bossy one we have ever had <g> She joins in
>> conversations too! When we are talking she will sit between and voice
>> her opinion. She really is *some* dog <g>
>>

> That's just very cool, so will she go to a needy party at some point?
> And if so, what will her skills be?

Needy party?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

On 9/17/2014 3:49 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...
>
>>> I will see what I can do) We have rescue dogs and this one is the
>>> cheekiest, most feisty and bossy one we have ever had <g> She joins in
>>> conversations too! When we are talking she will sit between and voice
>>> her opinion. She really is *some* dog <g>
>>>

>> That's just very cool, so will she go to a needy party at some point?
>> And if so, what will her skills be?

> Needy party?

Sorry, is "rescue dog" not the same as "service dog"?

I was thinking that perhaps her skills were of the sort that made her a
candidate for placement with the disabled.

My bad - here we have "pound dogs" - which we rescue from the animal pound.

More terminology disconnects.

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> That's just very cool, so will she go to a needy party at some point?
>>> And if so, what will her skills be?

>> Needy party?
>>

> Sorry, is "rescue dog" not the same as "service dog"?
>
> I was thinking that perhaps her skills were of the sort that made her a
> candidate for placement with the disabled.
>
> My bad - here we have "pound dogs" - which we rescue from the animal
> pound.
>
> More terminology disconnects.

Ahh ok in your parlance she is a 'pound dog'

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

On 9/19/2014 3:30 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> Needy party?
>>>

>> Sorry, is "rescue dog" not the same as "service dog"?
>>
>> I was thinking that perhaps her skills were of the sort that made her
>> a candidate for placement with the disabled.
>>
>> My bad - here we have "pound dogs" - which we rescue from the animal
>> pound.
>>
>> More terminology disconnects.

> Ahh ok in your parlance she is a 'pound dog'

Right, affectionately called "pound puppies" also.

But you know it sounds like if she's smart enough to track along a
conversation and chip in I bet she'd likely make a great service dog.

One breed we see here that gets a lot of attention is the border collie
- you just have to break them of the urge to herd cars!

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>> Ahh ok in your parlance she is a 'pound dog'
>>

> Right, affectionately called "pound puppies" also.

She is a little old for that, she is 10 :-)

> But you know it sounds like if she's smart enough to track along a
> conversation and chip in I bet she'd likely make a great service dog.

I am sure she would. She is very smart and a joy to train

> One breed we see here that gets a lot of attention is the border collie -
> you just have to break them of the urge to herd cars!

She is a Border Collie I have had to work with her to not kill motor
bikes or the postman. Success The next project is cats.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

On 9/20/2014 3:37 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...
>
>>> Ahh ok in your parlance she is a 'pound dog'
>>>

>> Right, affectionately called "pound puppies" also.

> She is a little old for that, she is 10 :-)
>
>> But you know it sounds like if she's smart enough to track along a
>> conversation and chip in I bet she'd likely make a great service dog.

> I am sure she would. She is very smart and a joy to train
>
>> One breed we see here that gets a lot of attention is the border
>> collie - you just have to break them of the urge to herd cars!

> She is a Border Collie I have had to work with her to not kill motor
> bikes or the postman. Success The next project is cats.

Ha!

I had guessed maybe a miniature collie, it all makes sense now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

On 9/20/2014 1:34 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> She is a little old for that, she is 10 :-)

>>> I am sure she would. She is very smart and a joy to train

>>> She is a Border Collie I have had to work with her to not kill motor
>>> bikes or the postman. Success The next project is cats.
>>>

>> Ha!
>>
>> I had guessed maybe a miniature collie, it all makes sense now.

> )

I suppose the proper name for that breed is "Sheltie"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/20/2014 1:34 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Ha!
>>>
>>> I had guessed maybe a miniature collie, it all makes sense now.

>> )
>>

> I suppose the proper name for that breed is "Sheltie"?

I used to have a Collie (not border) which did look much more like a
Sheltie.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

On 9/20/2014 2:32 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> )
>>>

>> I suppose the proper name for that breed is "Sheltie"?

> I used to have a Collie (not border) which did look much more like a
> Sheltie.

They're very attractive dogs, all varieties.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

On 9/19/2014 11:37 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...
>
>>> Ahh ok in your parlance she is a 'pound dog'
>>>

>> Right, affectionately called "pound puppies" also.

> She is a little old for that, she is 10 :-)
>
>> But you know it sounds like if she's smart enough to track along a
>> conversation and chip in I bet she'd likely make a great service dog.

> I am sure she would. She is very smart and a joy to train
>
>> One breed we see here that gets a lot of attention is the border
>> collie - you just have to break them of the urge to herd cars!

> She is a Border Collie I have had to work with her to not kill motor
> bikes or the postman. Success The next project is cats.

Our dog is a Border Collie/English Cocker Spaniel mix. That's one smart
dog. Herding and pointing were deeply ingrained into her when she was a
pup. She's always position herself strategically to watch over the
people in the house.

Our condo was not a very good place for a dog like that. These days, she
stays with my son at his girlfriend's dad's house. He lives in a house
with a fenced in yard with several other dogs and cats. The family loves
dogs and they hold dog parties. People call the place "that dog house."

It all sounds like some story that people will tell their kids when they
come home and the dog's not there but it's all true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A822OKFMQTM
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/20/2014 2:32 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I suppose the proper name for that breed is "Sheltie"?

>> I used to have a Collie (not border) which did look much more like a
>> Sheltie.
>>

> They're very attractive dogs, all varieties.

Yes I love my Border Collie best of all though

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Right, affectionately called "pound puppies" also.

>> She is a little old for that, she is 10 :-)
>>
>>> But you know it sounds like if she's smart enough to track along a
>>> conversation and chip in I bet she'd likely make a great service dog.

>> I am sure she would. She is very smart and a joy to train
>>
>>> One breed we see here that gets a lot of attention is the border
>>> collie - you just have to break them of the urge to herd cars!

>> She is a Border Collie I have had to work with her to not kill motor
>> bikes or the postman. Success The next project is cats.
>>

> Our dog is a Border Collie/English Cocker Spaniel mix. That's one smart
> dog. Herding and pointing were deeply ingrained into her when she was a
> pup. She's always position herself strategically to watch over the people
> in the house.

) It's her job These good dogs do that.

> Our condo was not a very good place for a dog like that. These days, she
> stays with my son at his girlfriend's dad's house. He lives in a house
> with a fenced in yard with several other dogs and cats. The family loves
> dogs and they hold dog parties. People call the place "that dog house."
>
> It all sounds like some story that people will tell their kids when they
> come home and the dog's not there but it's all true.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A822OKFMQTM

Lovely, thanks for the memory.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

On 9/20/2014 4:23 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> She is a little old for that, she is 10 :-)

>>> I am sure she would. She is very smart and a joy to train

>>> She is a Border Collie I have had to work with her to not kill motor
>>> bikes or the postman. Success The next project is cats.
>>>

>> Our dog is a Border Collie/English Cocker Spaniel mix. That's one
>> smart dog. Herding and pointing were deeply ingrained into her when
>> she was a pup. She's always position herself strategically to watch
>> over the people in the house.

> ) It's her job These good dogs do that.
>

>> Our condo was not a very good place for a dog like that. These days,
>> she stays with my son at his girlfriend's dad's house. He lives in a
>> house with a fenced in yard with several other dogs and cats. The
>> family loves dogs and they hold dog parties. People call the place
>> "that dog house."
>>
>> It all sounds like some story that people will tell their kids when
>> they come home and the dog's not there but it's all true.

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A822OKFMQTM

> Lovely, thanks for the memory.

Here's an interesting version, a lot less hair, but he can still hit the
high notes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Qn8Uz7hTw
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/20/2014 4:23 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Our dog is a Border Collie/English Cocker Spaniel mix. That's one
>>> smart dog. Herding and pointing were deeply ingrained into her when
>>> she was a pup. She's always position herself strategically to watch
>>> over the people in the house.

>> ) It's her job These good dogs do that.
>>

>>> Our condo was not a very good place for a dog like that. These days,
>>> she stays with my son at his girlfriend's dad's house. He lives in a
>>> house with a fenced in yard with several other dogs and cats. The
>>> family loves dogs and they hold dog parties. People call the place
>>> "that dog house."
>>>
>>> It all sounds like some story that people will tell their kids when
>>> they come home and the dog's not there but it's all true.

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A822OKFMQTM

>> Lovely, thanks for the memory.
>>

> Here's an interesting version, a lot less hair, but he can still hit the
> high notes:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Qn8Uz7hTw

He looked better with the hair<g> He sure can still hit those notes)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/