Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Duckie ®

Default Chet's Danish Apple Pudding

Danish Apple Pudding

1 1/3 cups zwieback (14 slices) -- finely crushed
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar -- packed
1 tsp cinnamon
16 ounces can applesauce
1/2 cup chilled whipping cream

Combine zwieback crumbs with melted butter, sugar and
cinnamon. Spoon applesauce into 1-qt. souffle or baking
dish. Top with crumb mixture. Place baking dish in slow-
cooking pot. Cover pot and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve warm or chilled. Whip cream; spoon onto pudding.

Chris

Default what is zwieback?

what is zwieback?
"Duckie ®" > wrote in message
> Danish Apple Pudding
>
> 1 1/3 cups zwieback (14 slices) -- finely crushed
> 1/2 cup melted butter
> 1/2 cup brown sugar -- packed
> 1 tsp cinnamon
> 16 ounces can applesauce
> 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
>
> Combine zwieback crumbs with melted butter, sugar and
> cinnamon. Spoon applesauce into 1-qt. souffle or baking
> dish. Top with crumb mixture. Place baking dish in slow-
> cooking pot. Cover pot and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
> Serve warm or chilled. Whip cream; spoon onto pudding.

Duckie ®

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:01:01 -0400, "Chris" >
wrote:

>what is zwieback?

It is a very hard like toast / cookie that is found in the baby food
isle. It is used to help baby cut their first teeth.

Duckie

>"Duckie ®" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Danish Apple Pudding
>>
>> 1 1/3 cups zwieback (14 slices) -- finely crushed
>> 1/2 cup melted butter
>> 1/2 cup brown sugar -- packed
>> 1 tsp cinnamon
>> 16 ounces can applesauce
>> 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
>>
>> Combine zwieback crumbs with melted butter, sugar and
>> cinnamon. Spoon applesauce into 1-qt. souffle or baking
>> dish. Top with crumb mixture. Place baking dish in slow-
>> cooking pot. Cover pot and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
>> Serve warm or chilled. Whip cream; spoon onto pudding.

Duckie ®

wrote:

>what is zwieback?

PS---I would classify it as a type of biscotti as it is usually baked
twice.

HTH

>"Duckie ®" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Danish Apple Pudding
>>
>> 1 1/3 cups zwieback (14 slices) -- finely crushed
>> 1/2 cup melted butter
>> 1/2 cup brown sugar -- packed
>> 1 tsp cinnamon
>> 16 ounces can applesauce
>> 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
>>
>> Combine zwieback crumbs with melted butter, sugar and
>> cinnamon. Spoon applesauce into 1-qt. souffle or baking
>> dish. Top with crumb mixture. Place baking dish in slow-
>> cooking pot. Cover pot and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
>> Serve warm or chilled. Whip cream; spoon onto pudding.

Danish Apple Pudding Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 19-11-2006 09:55 AM
Apple Danish Braid jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 26-09-2006 08:36 PM
Apple Danish Pastry Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-12-2005 03:44 AM
Danish Apple Pudding Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-08-2005 01:40 PM
Danish Applesauce Bread Crumb Pudding Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 03-12-2004 01:38 PM