Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Egg Substitutes for the Pancakes.

Old 25-10-2003, 01:50 AM
andy.mich
Usenet poster

Default Egg Substitutes for the Pancakes.

Egg Substitutes

One (1) egg equals any one of the following:

2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp. oil
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp liquid

2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 Tbsp flaxseed* (ground in coffee mill)
3 Tbsp warm water

1 Tbsp gelatin or fruit pectin
3 Tbsp warm water

Yogurt, mashed banana, applesauce, pumpkin, or other pureed fruit or
vegetables are good replacements for eggs in muffins or cakes.
To replace eggs in casseroles, burgers, or loaves try mashed
vegetables,tahini, (sesame seed butter) nut butters or rolled oats.

* Flaxseed is a wonderful source of Biomega Three Fatty acids that our
bodies need and usually don't get enough of.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives:

Pot Roast Hairy General Cooking 26 02-07-2004 01:40 AM
Homemade Buttermilk and Buttermilk Pancakes A1 WBarfieldsr Recipes (moderated) 0 20-10-2003 12:48 PM
American Pancakes Mr Jeff Wilson Recipes (moderated) 0 20-10-2003 03:25 AM
Buttermilk Pancakes (2) Collection A1 WBarfieldsr Recipes (moderated) 0 18-10-2003 02:29 AM