Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

A1 WBarfieldsr

Default Cheese Pizzas (2) Collection

Classic Cheese Pizza
Hot Cheese Pizza and Sauce

> From: "Lajla" >
> Subject: Cheese pizza (home alone)
> Hi Everyone
> I hope that some of you from the US would be so kind to give me some
> assistance. (I'm from Denmark, so please excuse me for any mis-spelling

or
> so)
>
> December stands "around the corner", and tradition says, that we show

the
> kids the movie "Home alone" the first saturday in december (Home Alone 2
> the
> next...)
> >From the years before I reamember, that our oldest son asked for the

> pizza,
> Kevin eats in the movie.
> This year I would like to surprise all the kids with a homebaked pizza -
> just like the one Kevin eats.
>
> BUT - what is a plain cheese pizza?
> I've asked the local pizza-restaurant, but the owner is not sure.
> Is it a pizza margerita? Or is it without any sauce at all? I can't

really
> imagine to make a pizza with just bread and cheese.
>
> I think it might an american pizza, but I don't know. However the movie

is
> american, so please american citizens - would you be kind and give me

some
> information...
> With many thanks in advance
> Kind regards
> Lajla

Here are two Cheese Pizzas, enjoy.

Classic Cheese Pizza

1 oz. fresh yeast or 1/2 oz. dried yeast
1 pinch sugar
1/2 pint lukewarm water
14 oz. plain flour
1 tsp. salt (scant)
1/4 pint olive oil
corn meal (polenta)
3/4 pint tomato and garlic sauce
1 lb. mozzarella, cut into 1/4 inch dice
6 Tbsp. Parmesan, freshly grated

Crumble the fresh yeast or sprinkle the dried yeast and a pinch of sugar
into 3 tablespoons of lukewarm water.
Be sure that the water is lukewarm (110 - 115 F. - neither too hot nor too
cold to the touch) .
Let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes, then stir the yeast and sugar into the
water until completely dissolved.
Put the cup in a warm, draught-free place for 3 to 5 minutes, until the
yeast bubbles up and the mixture almost doubles in volume.
If the yeast does not bubble, start over again with fresh yeast.

Sift the flour and salt into a large, warmed bowl.
Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture, 3/8
pint of lukewarm water and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Mix the dough
with a fork or your fingers.
When you can gather it into a rough ball, place the dough on a floured
board and knead it for about 15 minutes, until smooth, shiny and elastic.
Dust the dough lightly with flour, put in a large clean bowl and cover.
Place the bowl in a warm, draught-free spot for about 1 1/2 hours, until
the dough has doubled in bulk.

Now preheat the oven to 450 F. Punch the dough down with your fists and
break off about one quarter of it to make the first of the 4 pizzas.
Knead the small piece on a floured board or a table for a minute or so,
working in a little flour if the dough seems sticky. Flatten the ball into
a circle about 1 inch thick with the palm of your hand.
Hold the circle in your hands and stretch the dough by turning the circle
and pulling your hands apart gently at the same time.

When the circle is about 7 or 8 inches across, spread it out on the
floured
board again and pat it smooth, pressing together any tears in the dough.
Then roll the dough with a rolling pin, from the centre to the far edge,
turning it clockwise after each roll, until you have a circle of pastry
about 10 inches across and about 1/8 inch thick.
Crimp or flute the edge of the circle with your thumbs until it forms a
little rim.
Dust a large baking sheet lightly with corn meal and gently place the
pizza
dough on top of it.
Knead, stretch and roll the rest of the dough into 3 more pizzas.

Pour 6 tablespoons of the tomato sauce on each pizza and spread it with a
pastry brush or the back of a spoon.

To make a cheese pizza, sprinkle the sauce with 6 tablespoons of
mozzarella
and 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan.
Dribble 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the pizza and bake it on the
lowest
shelf or the floor of the oven.
Reduce the oven temperature to 400 F after 5 minutes and cook for about 10
minutes in all, until the crust is lightly browned and the filling
bubbling
hot.

Hot Cheese Pizza and Sauce

1 large. pizza crust--baked
3 tsp chipotle en adobo -- pureed
1 cup pizza sauce(see below)
4 Tbsp. Olive oil
1/4 cup Black olives
1 cup mushrooms--sliced
1 med. onion -- sliced thin
1/4 green bell pepper -- sliced thin
1/4 yellow bell pepper--sliced thin
1/4 red bell pepper--sliced thin
1 serrano pepper--seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno pepper--seeded and chopped
1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese--grated
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese--grated
1/2 cup Swiss cheese--grated
Preheat oven to 3500F. Put crust on pizza pan. Mix the chipotle & pizza
sauce together in a small bowl and then spread it on the pizza crust.
Pizza Crust:
For an 18" thinnish (NY-?) crust start with 3/4 Cup warm water (100F) and
proof 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast w/ a pinch of sugar or honey.
After the yeast becomes a sponge start adding flour 1/2 Cup at a time
while
mixing w/ a wooden spoon (add 1 tsp salt after the first cup - You can
also
add a tablespoon of good olive oil here but it definitely is not required.
It will make you crust "breadier" so do or don't add it.)
When the dough starts to bind scrape out onto a board and knead adding
flour until the dough is relatively stiff (there is no way I can describe
this any better, sorry).
You should knead no less the 10 mins.
Cover the dough w/ bowl and let rise at least twice (1-2 hours) briefly
kneading after each rise.
Roll out onto a paddle covered w/ corn meal 10 mins after the last rise.
After topping bake on a stone on the middle rack of your oven preheated to
450F (you need to let the stone preheat for at least 20 min - but if you
have one you already know that).

Pizza Sauce:
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
4 Tbsp.grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. Honey or Splenda
1 tsp. anchovy paste (Optional)
3/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic,
Honey or
Splenda, anchovy paste(Optional), onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil,
ground black
pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; mix together, breaking
up any clumps of cheese.
Sauce should sit for at least 30 minutes to blend.

Saute' onions in oil until soft and add the bell peppers.
Saute for 2 min. more.
Put vegetable mixture on pizza crust.
Sprinkle chopped peppers over top.
Sprinkle cheese on top of that.
Bake at 350F-400F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and a bit
golden.
Serve.

If you don't want to cook it, just ask for a cheese pizza at any Pizza
Hut, they are all over the world, or any American style pizza
establishments such as Little Caesar's Pizza, Domino's Pizza.
http://www.pizzahut.com/

Excerpt: http://swedebound.virtualave.net/Copenhagen.htm
Copenhagen, Denmark "KXBENHAVEN, Danmark"
Then we decided to head back to the main city of Copenhagen before all the
shops would close up. We decided to eat at Pizza Hut, and have some "real"
pizza. Since everywhere in Sweden the idea of a good pizza is to make it
as thin as possible with as little sauce and cheese as possible. Also
Sweden does not have pepperoni, so I was looking forward to that.

--
William Barfieldsr

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: