Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Andrew H. Carter

Default Scrambled Eggs

>Annmarie Pereira wrote:
>
>>I can.t make good scrambled eggs. Mine are rubbery.
>>Is there a recioe for delicious creamy scrambled eggs?

When I grew up and my dad would make breakfast, scrambled eggs
his specialty, I recall him doing at least a dozen and a half for all
seven of us (including parents), mind you it's probably the males who
eat more than the females as I have 3 brothers.

Scrambled Eggs
(for 1 person)

4-5 eggs
Approx. 1 teaspoon butter or bacon grease. Either use saved
bacon grease or fry some bacon 2-3 slices or 4-6 slices depending on
one's bacon craving.

Fry the bacon in the pan over medium heat, once the bacon has
shriveled to almost the point of hardness where it is brittle, remove
from heat and drain on a paper towel. Since scrambled eggs absorb the
grease, the more eggs you use, the more grease will be needed, unless
you do the "hot pan, cold oil, food won't stick". Pour off and save
any excess grease. Crack the required number of eggs (5) in the pan
and after setting a second or two begin to cramble the eggs. Once the
eggs are no longer runny in the pan remove from heat and serve.

Once at the table, season to one's liking: Salt and pepper, or
seasoned salt, or as I have recently started doing, adding some greek
spices from a local greek restaurant. Devine, I tell you simply
devine.

Greek Spices:
Northtown Grille and Seafood
2093 Eagle Landing Blvd.
Charleston, SC 29418
843.863.1001

Oregano, pepper, salt, paprika, basil, shordo daphanophilo, thinan,
menta, amtho, and 6 other north towne spices.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew H. Carter

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: