Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default apple juice dilution?

Just convereted some green apples to juice for mixing with other juices
to add pectin for jelly-making. I've been making jelly this way for a
few years but now it suddenly occurs to me that diluiting with apple
juice must dilute the flavour of the fruit or berries in the final
product. Using commercial pectin would preserve the full flavour.
Anybody tried both and noticed a difference?

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article .com>,
"Wm Watt" > wrote:

> Just convereted some green apples to juice for mixing with other juices
> to add pectin for jelly-making. I've been making jelly this way for a
> few years but now it suddenly occurs to me that diluiting with apple
> juice must dilute the flavour of the fruit or berries in the final
> product. Using commercial pectin would preserve the full flavour.
> Anybody tried both and noticed a difference?

If you've been doing it for a few years have you noticed an apple flavor
in addition to whatever you're adding it to? If not, I wouldn't worry
about it. I think you should try a batch both ways to find out and
report back. :-)
I don't think of green apples as having much flavor. . .
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 7-27-06, For The King and His

Apple cider vs. apple juice -- what's the difference? [email protected] General Cooking 0 06-10-2015 02:20 PM
Apple juice Dave Balderstone Preserving 9 26-08-2010 12:41 AM
What ro do with bad apple juice? [email protected] General Cooking 24 11-12-2009 01:35 AM
apple juice Hugh Willmer Winemaking 1 07-11-2005 01:51 AM
Apple Juice To Sweeten Apple Wine genekay Winemaking 5 18-11-2003 08:34 PM