Foodsaver with Ziplock bags?

Old 01-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Poodlebud
Usenet poster

Default Foodsaver with Ziplock bags?

I would like to use ziplock bags with my foodsaver, but it seems that
the foodsaver doesn't suck air out of the ziplock freezer bags. Does
anyone have any tips on how I can get this to work on ziplock bags?
I'm not worried about freezer burns, I plan on using the food within a
couple of weeks.
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2004, 07:50 PM
zxcvbob
Usenet poster

Poodlebud wrote:
I would like to use ziplock bags with my foodsaver, but it seems that
the foodsaver doesn't suck air out of the ziplock freezer bags. Does
anyone have any tips on how I can get this to work on ziplock bags?
I'm not worried about freezer burns, I plan on using the food within a
couple of weeks.
Thanks!

Use a soda straw to suck the air out of the bag instead of a foodsaver. It
will work much better.

Best regards,
Bob
Old 02-02-2004, 05:33 AM
Kacey
Usenet poster

You'll probably not be able to achieve a good vacuum using ziploc bags
with a foodsaver. The food saver machine is designed to use only bags
made with a "channel" pattern. Of course, if you have a model that will
allow you to heal seal independently, you could achieve a seal.

Press out as much air as possible from the package then seal it. Sort
of like the procedure used with the Daisy Seal-a-Meals from several
years back.

Kacey

--
Outgoing messages scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2003

Old 02-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Arno and Triny
Usenet poster

Hope he is not packing chilli that will blow is brain off to suck the
air....lol

But thanks for the tip will try it myself.

Arnaud

Old 02-02-2004, 05:05 PM
zxcvbob
Usenet poster

And if you're freezing raw liver, you might wanna freeze it almost solid
*before* sucking the air out. HTH :-)

Bob