How many apples to make applesauce?

Old 15-10-2003, 01:48 AM
connie
Usenet poster

Default How many apples to make applesauce?

How many quarts of applesauce will I get from a bushel of apples?
Old 15-10-2003, 02:23 AM
Melba's Jammin'
Usenet poster

In article ,
(connie) wrote:

How many quarts of applesauce will I get from a bushel of apples?

http://horticulture.missouri.edu/apple/yields.htm

I'm going to guess 12-15 quarts.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-10-03; check the PickleHats tab)
Old 15-10-2003, 06:14 AM
KenCo
Usenet poster

connie wrote:

How many quarts of applesauce will I get from a bushel of apples?

it really depends on the "size" of the apples
as you waste a lot coring/peeling them.
sm-avg = almost 40%+ waste
lg./selects 15-20% or so.

I use a hand crank corer/peeler, a great gadget
and minimal waste!

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced