sprudil

Default PECTIN CHEMISTRY, FUNCTIONALITY, & APPLICATIONS

Others might be interested in this online lecture on pectin

PECTIN CHEMISTRY, FUNCTIONALITY, & APPLICATIONS

Steen Hoejgaard

In this lecture all types of pectin will be discussed, however the emphasis
will be on LM pectin, as this is the most misunderstood yet most versatile
type of pectin. Applications of both types of pectin in food systems will be
covered at the end of the talk.

http://www.cpkelco.com/Ptalk/ptalk.htm

Some of the tips I found interesting was the 5:1 dispersal method for pectin
using sugar. I tried this with a sugar alcohol and was somewhat successful
but I was using 1:1.

It would be possible to hydrate the pectin in plain water and it would go
into solution in a period of a few days and you could use it. The clump
would dissipate and it would go into solution. This is useful to me because
I can use small amounts and not lose much of the pectin to the surface of my
blender.

pectin can be used to stabilize yogurt which I make myself.

Sid...

ellen wickberg

sprudil wrote:
> Others might be interested in this online lecture on pectin
>
> PECTIN CHEMISTRY, FUNCTIONALITY, & APPLICATIONS
>
> Steen Hoejgaard
>
> In this lecture all types of pectin will be discussed, however the emphasis
> will be on LM pectin, as this is the most misunderstood yet most versatile
> type of pectin. Applications of both types of pectin in food systems will be
> covered at the end of the talk.
>
> http://www.cpkelco.com/Ptalk/ptalk.htm
>
> Some of the tips I found interesting was the 5:1 dispersal method for pectin
> using sugar. I tried this with a sugar alcohol and was somewhat successful
> but I was using 1:1.
>
> It would be possible to hydrate the pectin in plain water and it would go
> into solution in a period of a few days and you could use it. The clump
> would dissipate and it would go into solution. This is useful to me because
> I can use small amounts and not lose much of the pectin to the surface of my
> blender.
>
> pectin can be used to stabilize yogurt which I make myself.
>
> Sid...

Thanks for the reference. do you have any idea of what the presenters
background is?
Ellen
sprudil

">>
> Thanks for the reference. do you have any idea of what the presenters
> background is?
> Ellen

sorry I don't.

Sid...

Wine Chemistry Bob M Wine 0 28-04-2006 11:46 PM
Wine Chemistry Bob M Winemaking 0 28-04-2006 11:44 PM
The Chemistry of a 90+ Wine (NYT) [email protected] Wine 5 09-08-2005 11:11 AM
Chemistry Lesson? Brian Mailman Preserving 0 06-08-2004 05:50 PM
the chemistry of chocolate? Ted Shoemaker Chocolate 1 16-10-2003 02:07 AM