Ken Knott

Default FROZEN FOOD USE BY DATES

Is there any danger in eating frozen food which is out of date? This
may sound a silly question, but my understanding of the processes
involved is that:

Freezing prevents any bacteria from multiplying.
Cooking thoroughly kills any bacteria that might be present.

If I am right there doesn't seem to be any reason for not eating the
food, but I don't want to make people ill!

Am I missing something here that I aught to know about food poisoning?
zxcvbob

Ken Knott wrote:
> Is there any danger in eating frozen food which is out of date?

The only danger is if it was spoiled before it was frozen, or thawed and
refrozen a bunch of times.

The "use by" date means almost nothing for frozen foods.

Bob
zxcvbob

Ken Knott wrote:
> Is there any danger in eating frozen food which is out of date?

The only danger is if it was spoiled before it was frozen, or thawed and
refrozen a bunch of times.

The "use by" date means almost nothing for frozen foods.

Bob
William R. Watt

Food abandoned by early arctic exploration expeditions has been discovered
decades later and found to be good. I have to admit the only food I can
recall being tasted was canned corned beef. I don't recall what
any of the others were.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Thank you all for your reassuring comments and advice.