FROZEN FOOD USE BY DATES

Old 11-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Ken Knott
Usenet poster

Default FROZEN FOOD USE BY DATES

Is there any danger in eating frozen food which is out of date? This
may sound a silly question, but my understanding of the processes
involved is that:

Freezing prevents any bacteria from multiplying.
Cooking thoroughly kills any bacteria that might be present.

If I am right there doesn't seem to be any reason for not eating the
food, but I don't want to make people ill!

Am I missing something here that I aught to know about food poisoning?
Old 11-12-2004, 02:38 PM
zxcvbob
Usenet poster

Ken Knott wrote:
Is there any danger in eating frozen food which is out of date?

The only danger is if it was spoiled before it was frozen, or thawed and
refrozen a bunch of times.

The "use by" date means almost nothing for frozen foods.

Bob

Old 12-12-2004, 04:02 PM
William R. Watt
Usenet poster

Food abandoned by early arctic exploration expeditions has been discovered
decades later and found to be good. I have to admit the only food I can
recall being tasted was canned corned beef. I don't recall what
any of the others were.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Old 14-12-2004, 11:47 PM
kenkno[email protected]
Usenet poster

Thank you all for your reassuring comments and advice.

Old 14-12-2004, 11:48 PM
[email protected]

Old 14-12-2004, 11:50 PM
[email protected]