f/256

Default Tomato sauce going bitter. Why?

Hello,

This August I canned 2 bushels of Roma and 2 of San Marzano (in separate
batches), both kinds were processed in a electric tomato machine and then
the juice boiled until the Roma had reduced to half the volume, the San
Marzano we wanted it thicker and reduced by 2/3, then the juice was pressure
canned. We've been using the Roma and it is excellent, but the San Marzano
has a bitter taste to it and it seems to have increased as the time goes by,
from no bitter taste at all few days after we canned it, to the point that
we won't use it anymore because it is starting to dominate the over all
flavor of the food. Besides the longer boiling time, the process was the
same for both the Roma and San Marzano. Any ideas what could be the
reason?

Guillermo