Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Lotsa satisfying plinks.

Today we spread a tarp under one of the Dolgo crabapple trees and gave
a couple of the branches a good shake.
That resulted in enough crabapples for 2 full loads in the Mehu steam
juicer. In the second load we added about a liter of wild black
raspberries that had been collected over a couple of weeks and stored
in the freezer.
The end result is 18 - 250ml jars of beautiful, rosy crabapple jelly
and another 18 - 250ml jars of almost ebony coloured crabapple/black
raspberry jelly.
Every one sealed perfectly.
A good days work.
And, we probably didn't use even 10% of the crabapple crop.

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada