The Cook

Default Made jelly today

I went to the local Farmer's Market on Saturday and bought some
apples. One variety was York and I do not remember the other except
that it had fairly red peel and even some of the flesh was pink. Used
my Mehu Lisa to extract the juice. Ended up mixing all of the juice.
Today I made 2 batches of jelly. I used Certo on the first batch and
got 8 1/2 pint jars. Then I used the last 4 cups of juice and the
recipe from BBB to make it without added pectin. The jelly from the
second batch is much clearer and maybe a touch darker than the Certo
batch. Both are a nice golden pink color. Will report later whether
they set. All of the jars sealed.

Does it always take forever for the temperature to go up the last 2
degrees? Since I have moved and found out that the elevation here is
1100 feet, I checked the temperature of boiling water to make sure
that I did that part right.

I have started keeping a canning diary. Thanks you Barb for the idea.
Maybe I can remember which recipe I used and any changes I made.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.