FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   Runner Bean........ (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/34531-runner-bean.html)

Bez 11-09-2004 07:28 PM

Runner Bean........

Hi,

I have a very tasty pickle recipe for runner beans in anyone is
interested. I have made fourteen pounds so far. It is very tasty. Thanks

The Joneses 11-09-2004 10:58 PM

Bez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a very tasty pickle recipe for runner beans in anyone is
> interested. I have made fourteen pounds so far. It is very tasty. Thanks

Yeehaa, y'all ain't typed it out yet.... Seriously, I'm interested in all
pickles. Is these mostly like green beans or mostly different?
Edrena

ellen wickberg 11-09-2004 11:28 PM

in article , Bez at
wrote on 11/9/04 11:28 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I have a very tasty pickle recipe for runner beans in anyone is
> interested. I have made fourteen pounds so far. It is very tasty. Thanks

Do post it please!
Ellen

ellen wickberg 11-09-2004 11:28 PM

in article , Bez at

Bez 12-09-2004 01:28 PM

This recipe is for runner beans also known as string beans. I live in the uk
so do not know if you use the same name for the runners.

ellen wickberg 12-09-2004 04:07 PM

in article , Bez at
wrote on 12/9/04 5:28 AM:

> This recipe is for runner beans also known as string beans. I live in the uk
> so do not know if you use the same name for the runners.
>

> "The Joneses" > wrote in message
>> Bez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a very tasty pickle recipe for runner beans in anyone is
>>> interested. I have made fourteen pounds so far. It is very tasty. Thanks

>> Yeehaa, y'all ain't typed it out yet.... Seriously, I'm interested in all
>> pickles. Is these mostly like green beans or mostly different?
>> Edrena

The runner beans here in British columbia are scarlet runners, slightly
flatter than our string beans and wider as well Many people grow them for
their flowers.
Ellen

qahtan 13-09-2004 04:39 PM

The Runners that you speak of are known as Scarlet Runner beans over here.
They do not grow as well here as in UK. Here in Ontario the summer is a
hot. Scarlet Runner beans and Broad beans both popular in UK do not like too
much heat.............