nutNhoney

Default Another Dill Pickle Question

I'm trying to figure out which dill pickle recipe to use. Ross posted
his recipe for unfermented dill pickles using an ice soak. I'm curious,
do brine dill pickles come out crunchy?
The Wolf

nutNhoney > wrote:

Kosher Dill Pickles
Canning

2 cups water
1-1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 to 5 pickling cucumbers (about 5 inches long)
2 heads dill or 2 Tbspn. dill seed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. black peppercorns

In a saucepan bring the water to a boil. Add the salt and boil for 2
minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Then add the vinegar and let the
mixture cool for several hours.

Wash the cucumbers and dry with paper towels. Pierce cucumbers several
times with a fork or slice in half.

Put 1 dill head or dill seed in the bottom of a sterilized quart jar.

Pack cucumbers into the shoulder of the jar. Add the garlic and the
pickling spices. Cover with the remaining dill. Add salt and water to
within 1/2 inch of the top of the jar. Store covered in the
refrigerator. The pickles will be ready in 4 to 5 days, and will keep
several weeks refrigerated.

> I'm trying to figure out which dill pickle recipe to use. Ross posted
> his recipe for unfermented dill pickles using an ice soak. I'm curious,
> do brine dill pickles come out crunchy?

The Wolf