FoodBanter.com

-   Preserving (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/)
-   -   Preserving eggplant (https://www.foodbanter.com/preserving/166994-preserving-eggplant.html)

D. Arlington 17-01-2009 03:50 AM

Preserving eggplant

What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
methods have you tried?

Nick Cramer 17-01-2009 12:51 PM

Preserving eggplant

"D. Arlington" > wrote:
> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
> than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
> methods have you tried?

The only one I know:

Nick's Caponata Siciliano:

3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
600g (1 1/4 lb, 3 1/2 cups) diced (unpeeled) aubergine (eggplant)
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 small sticks celery, finely chopped
three to six large cloves of garlic, minced
six to 12 button mushrooms or equivalent, chopped
15-20 pitted green olives, chopped
10-15 pitted black olives, chopped
3 Tbs chopped drained bottled capers
4 Tbs (1/4 cup) red wine or Balsamic vinegar
1-1/2 Tbs sugar substitute I have diabetes), or to taste
3 Tbs golden raisins (optional, but nice)
3 Tbs pine nuts (pignole or piñones), toasted lightly (optional, but nice)
3/4 x 400g can (1 cup) good chopped plum tomatoes (San Marzano)
4 Tbs (1/4 cup) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves (optional)

1. Cook the aubergine in 2 Tbs of the olive oil over moderately high heat.
The best way I've found to do this is to heat 1 Tbs oil in a heavy frying
pan, add the aubergine and mix well, then drizzle over another 1 Tbs oil
and mix again. This helps stop the cubes on the bottom from absorbing all
the oil. Cook, stirring often, until done - I like my aubergine very soft,
so I give it 15-20 minutes. When done, transfer to a bowl.

2. Add the remaining 1 Tbs oil to the frying pan, tip in the onion and
celery (I also add some minced garlic and mushrooms), and cook, stirring,
for about 5 minutes over moderate heat or until the onion is fairly soft
but not coloured.

3. Add the olives, capers, wine or vinegar, sugar substitute, raisins, pine
nuts (if using), and tomatoes and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally,
for 5-10 minutes, or until it is cooked through and the celery is tender.
Cook it covered if using fresh tomatoes, and uncovered if using canned,
since they have more juice.

4. Add the tomato mixture to the bowl. Add the parsley and mix well. Cool
and chill overnight, then season with salt and black pepper.

This should freeze well, but it doesn't last long enough here!

Mangia! Mangia!

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Bob James 17-01-2009 01:21 PM

Preserving eggplant

D. Arlington wrote:
> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
> than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them?
> What methods have you tried?

I have tried

http://www.jewishfood-list.com/recip...pickles02.html

I pack in sterile jar and put in fridge after 3 days.

George Shirley 17-01-2009 03:32 PM

Preserving eggplant

D. Arlington wrote:
> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
> than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them?
> What methods have you tried?

Eggplant caponata freezes well, as does eggplant moussaka. Any other way
you end up with a mushy mess. I have recipes for both if you are interested.

I understand your dilemma, we had six plants deliver 75 lbs of eggplant
one year. Neighbors would lock their doors and turn off the lights if
they saw one of us coming with a plastic bag in our hand.

Wilson[_5_] 17-01-2009 05:58 PM

Preserving eggplant

sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:
> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
> than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them?
> What methods have you tried?

Peel and cut into 1/2" thick circles, dredge in seasoned flour, dip in egg
wash, roll in seasoned Italian bread crumbs, Panko or something that you
like and fry until golden in 1/4" olive oil & flip and fry second side.
Drain and freeze in bags. We pull them as necessary from the freezer and cut
into chunks to put on pizza. We've also just had them in a sandwich with
mayo. Makes a good eggplant Parmesan.

--
Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

D. Arlington[_2_] 17-01-2009 06:43 PM

Preserving eggplant

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "D. Arlington" > wrote:
>> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
>> than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
>> methods have you tried?

Thank you for the recipe Nick, but I'll have too many eggplants to do this
way. I also would like to preserve them so they can be used in different
dishes over the winter.

D. Arlington[_2_] 17-01-2009 06:46 PM

Preserving eggplant

"Bob James" > wrote in message
g.com...
> D. Arlington wrote:
>> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
>> than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
>> methods have you tried?

> I have tried
>
> http://www.jewishfood-list.com/recip...pickles02.html
>
> I pack in sterile jar and put in fridge after 3 days.

Thank you Bob but I'll have a lot of eggplants to preserve for different
dishes we like. Once pickled they would not be usable for us. Is there any
way to preserve them that doesn't include a "recipe" of some kind?

D. Arlington[_2_] 17-01-2009 06:54 PM

Preserving eggplant

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> D. Arlington wrote:
>> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
>> than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
>> methods have you tried?

> Eggplant caponata freezes well, as does eggplant moussaka. Any other way
> you end up with a mushy mess. I have recipes for both if you are
> interested.

Thanks but I already have more recipes for eggplant than I can ever use. I
also can't fry them since it ads hundreds of calories to a dish. I spray
them with Spam and bake them before using.

> I understand your dilemma, we had six plants deliver 75 lbs of eggplant
> one year. Neighbors would lock their doors and turn off the lights if they
> saw one of us coming with a plastic bag in our hand.

LOL! I know what you mean. They did the same thing when they saw me coming
up their walks last summer with yet another sack of cucumbers, tomatoes,
greens and eggplants; and I'm a canner. :-) I was hoping there was some
way to freeze/preserve them plain so they could be used in the recipes my
family likes all winter long. Apparently I'll have to make those dishes
first, then freeze them. That'll take a lot of space in the freezer. It
kills me to compost good food and there's nowhere to donate fresh vegetables
where I live.

D. Arlington[_2_] 17-01-2009 07:00 PM

Preserving eggplant

"Wilson" > wrote in message
> sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:
>> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
>> than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
>> methods have you tried?

> Peel and cut into 1/2" thick circles, dredge in seasoned flour, dip in egg
> wash, roll in seasoned Italian bread crumbs, Panko or something that you
> like and fry until golden in 1/4" olive oil & flip and fry second side.
> Drain and freeze in bags. We pull them as necessary from the freezer and
> cut into chunks to put on pizza. We've also just had them in a sandwich
> with mayo. Makes a good eggplant Parmesan.
>
> --
> Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

Thanks Wilson. It looks like cooking them first is the key to preserving
them for winter use. Have you ever tried baking them with a light spray of
Pam, then freezing them? Since developing hypothyroidism I can no longer eat
fried foods. I think I'll give cooking them, them freezing them, a try this
summer.

Wilson[_5_] 17-01-2009 07:02 PM

Preserving eggplant

sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:

> "George Shirley" > wrote in message
>> D. Arlington wrote:
>>> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with
>>> more than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve
>>> them? What methods have you tried?

>> Eggplant caponata freezes well, as does eggplant moussaka. Any other
>> way you end up with a mushy mess. I have recipes for both if you are
>> interested.

> Thanks but I already have more recipes for eggplant than I can ever use.
> I also can't fry them since it ads hundreds of calories to a dish. I
> spray them with Spam and bake them before using.

Instead of frying them, they can be baked without oil and achieve the same
results as I mentioned in my post.

I did a quick search on 'blanching eggplant' and came up with plenty of
methods and here's one now http://www.pickyourown.org/freezingeggplant.htm

Wilson[_5_] 17-01-2009 08:13 PM

Preserving eggplant

sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:

> "Wilson" > wrote in message
>> sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:
>>> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with
>>> more than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve
>>> them? What methods have you tried?

>> Peel and cut into 1/2" thick circles, dredge in seasoned flour, dip in
>> egg wash, roll in seasoned Italian bread crumbs, Panko or something
>> that you like and fry until golden in 1/4" olive oil & flip and fry
>> second side. Drain and freeze in bags. We pull them as necessary from
>> the freezer and cut into chunks to put on pizza. We've also just had
>> them in a sandwich with mayo. Makes a good eggplant Parmesan.
>>
>> --
>> Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

> Thanks Wilson. It looks like cooking them first is the key to preserving
> them for winter use. Have you ever tried baking them with a light spray
> of Pam, then freezing them? Since developing hypothyroidism I can no
> longer eat fried foods. I think I'll give cooking them, them freezing
> them, a try this summer.

See my previous post. Personally, I've never liked Pam and you can bake them
without it if you like the above recipe. Otherwise, blanching & freezing is
a simple method. Blanching stops the enzymes that would change sugars to
starch (if you've ever had frozen veggies that weren't blanched first,
you'll see how the flavor gets worse with time.)

I envy your eggplant prowess - too cold with early frosts for me on the
coast here in Maine. Good luck.

--
Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

Nick Cramer 18-01-2009 10:59 AM

Preserving eggplant

Wilson > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> I did a quick search on 'blanching eggplant' and came up with plenty of
> methods and here's one now
> http://www.pickyourown.org/freezingeggplant.htm
> > [ . . . ]

Excellent, Wilson. Thanks!

Epiphany 18-01-2009 03:19 PM

Preserving eggplant

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:50:13 -0600, "D. Arlington" >
wrote:

>What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
>than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
>methods have you tried?

Not knowing any better and not doing any research on the matter, I
once sliced them more thickly than I would for frying, stacked them up
and popped them in the microwave to steam a bit, then put wax paper
between the slices, and popped them into the freezer. I used them in
soup, pizza, and other dishes, and even dredged the already-cooked
slices with bread crumbs and fried them. When they are fried this way,
they do not absorb all that oil.

The Joneses[_1_] 18-01-2009 05:16 PM

Preserving eggplant

"D. Arlington" > wrote in message

> "Wilson" > wrote in message
>> sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:
>>> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants?

(clipped)
>> Peel and cut into 1/2" thick circles, dredge in seasoned flour, dip in
>> egg wash, roll in seasoned Italian bread crumbs, Panko or something that
>> you like and fry until golden in 1/4" olive oil & flip and fry second
>> side. Drain and freeze in bags. We pull them as necessary from the
>> freezer and cut into chunks to put on pizza. We've also just had them in
>> a sandwich with mayo. Makes a good eggplant Parmesan.
>> Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

> Thanks Wilson. It looks like cooking them first is the key to preserving
> them for winter use. Have you ever tried baking them with a light spray
> of Pam, then freezing them? Since developing hypothyroidism I can no
> longer eat fried foods. I think I'll give cooking them, them freezing
> them, a try this summer.

My Sis has a thyroid disease, but mostly she likes to eat healthy &
vegetarian. Whilst visiting, she got out my stovetop griller and grilled up
her eggplanters with nice grillmarks (with a spit of olive oil, I think).
This might be an added bonus for you.
I did 2 different pickled eggplants from _Joy of Pickling_: the Madras
pickled was rich (with a bit of oo) curry flavored chunks in sauce, then a
Lebonese garlic stuffed baby eggplanters. Y'all rilly have to love garlic to
enjoy that one. In any case both tended to mush when canned.
m2cw
Edrena

Melba's Jammin' 18-01-2009 05:28 PM

Preserving eggplant

In article >,
Wilson > wrote:
o a dish. I

> Instead of frying them, they can be baked without oil and achieve the same

If sticking is a concern, baking on sheets of parchment will prevent
that. FWIW.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Melba's Jammin' 18-01-2009 05:29 PM

Preserving eggplant

In article >,
"D. Arlington" > wrote:

> I always end with more than we can eat from the garden.

Plant fewer plants.

D. Arlington 19-01-2009 03:50 AM

Preserving eggplant

"Wilson" > wrote in message
> sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:
>>
>> "Wilson" > wrote in message
>>> sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:
>>> Peel and cut into 1/2" thick circles, dredge in seasoned flour, dip in
>>> egg wash, roll in seasoned Italian bread crumbs, Panko or something that
>>> you like and fry until golden in 1/4" olive oil & flip and fry second
>>> side. Drain and freeze in bags. We pull them as necessary from the
>>> freezer and cut into chunks to put on pizza. We've also just had them in
>>> a sandwich with mayo. Makes a good eggplant Parmesan.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

>> Thanks Wilson. It looks like cooking them first is the key to preserving
>> them for winter use. Have you ever tried baking them with a light spray
>> of Pam, then freezing them? Since developing hypothyroidism I can no
>> longer eat fried foods. I think I'll give cooking them, them freezing
>> them, a try this summer.

> See my previous post. Personally, I've never liked Pam and you can bake
> them without it if you like the above recipe. Otherwise, blanching &
> freezing is a simple method. Blanching stops the enzymes that would change
> sugars to starch (if you've ever had frozen veggies that weren't blanched
> first, you'll see how the flavor gets worse with time.)
>
> I envy your eggplant prowess - too cold with early frosts for me on the
> coast here in Maine. Good luck.
>
> --
> Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

I can try blanching but think they may turn to mush after freezing. I think
cooking/baking or frying them first, then freezing them would probably work
best. I'm in middle TN so can grow eggplants here. I get a good crop before
the first freeze in Oct.

D. Arlington 19-01-2009 03:54 AM

Preserving eggplant

"The Joneses" > wrote in message
> "D. Arlington" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wilson" > wrote in message
>>> sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:

> (clipped)
>>> Peel and cut into 1/2" thick circles, dredge in seasoned flour, dip in
>>> egg wash, roll in seasoned Italian bread crumbs, Panko or something that
>>> you like and fry until golden in 1/4" olive oil & flip and fry second
>>> side. Drain and freeze in bags. We pull them as necessary from the
>>> freezer and cut into chunks to put on pizza. We've also just had them in
>>> a sandwich with mayo. Makes a good eggplant Parmesan.
>>> Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

>> Thanks Wilson. It looks like cooking them first is the key to preserving
>> them for winter use. Have you ever tried baking them with a light spray
>> of Pam, then freezing them? Since developing hypothyroidism I can no
>> longer eat fried foods. I think I'll give cooking them, them freezing
>> them, a try this summer.

> My Sis has a thyroid disease, but mostly she likes to eat healthy &
> vegetarian. Whilst visiting, she got out my stovetop griller and grilled
> up her eggplanters with nice grillmarks (with a spit of olive oil, I
> think). This might be an added bonus for you.

Yes, they're delicious grilled with a slather of olive oil and seasonings.
I'm not sure they'd freeze well though. I do plan to try it this summer.

> I did 2 different pickled eggplants from _Joy of Pickling_: the Madras
> pickled was rich (with a bit of oo) curry flavored chunks in sauce, then a
> Lebonese garlic stuffed baby eggplanters. Y'all rilly have to love garlic
> to enjoy that one. In any case both tended to mush when canned.
> m2cw
> Edrena

Once pickled you can't use them in other recipes. No one here likes pickled
anything. :( I make two kinds of pickles and I'm the only one who eats
them.

D. Arlington 19-01-2009 04:06 AM

Preserving eggplant

"Wilson" > wrote in message
> sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:

>>> Eggplant caponata freezes well, as does eggplant moussaka. Any other way
>>> you end up with a mushy mess. I have recipes for both if you are
>>> interested.

>> Thanks but I already have more recipes for eggplant than I can ever use.
>> I also can't fry them since it ads hundreds of calories to a dish. I
>> spray them with Spam and bake them before using.

> Instead of frying them, they can be baked without oil and achieve the same
> results as I mentioned in my post.
>
> I did a quick search on 'blanching eggplant' and came up with plenty of
> methods and here's one now http://www.pickyourown.org/freezingeggplant.htm

Thanks.

D. Arlington 19-01-2009 04:08 AM

Preserving eggplant

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "D. Arlington" > wrote:
>
>> I always end with more than we can eat from the garden.

> Plant fewer plants.

That's chancy because of possible drought or insect invasion.

D. Arlington 19-01-2009 04:09 AM

Preserving eggplant

"Epiphany" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:50:13 -0600, "D. Arlington" >
> wrote:
>
>>What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
>>than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
>>methods have you tried?

> Not knowing any better and not doing any research on the matter, I
> once sliced them more thickly than I would for frying, stacked them up
> and popped them in the microwave to steam a bit, then put wax paper
> between the slices, and popped them into the freezer. I used them in
> soup, pizza, and other dishes, and even dredged the already-cooked
> slices with bread crumbs and fried them. When they are fried this way,
> they do not absorb all that oil.

I didn't think of the microwave. Now that's worth a try also.

George Shirley 19-01-2009 02:22 PM

Preserving eggplant

D. Arlington wrote:

> "Wilson" > wrote in message
>> sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:

>>> Thanks Wilson. It looks like cooking them first is the key to
>>> preserving them for winter use. Have you ever tried baking them with
>>> a light spray of Pam, then freezing them? Since developing
>>> hypothyroidism I can no longer eat fried foods. I think I'll give
>>> cooking them, them freezing them, a try this summer.

>> See my previous post. Personally, I've never liked Pam and you can
>> bake them without it if you like the above recipe. Otherwise,
>> blanching & freezing is a simple method. Blanching stops the enzymes
>> that would change sugars to starch (if you've ever had frozen veggies
>> that weren't blanched first, you'll see how the flavor gets worse with
>> time.)
>>
>> I envy your eggplant prowess - too cold with early frosts for me on
>> the coast here in Maine. Good luck.
>>
>> --
>> Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

> I can try blanching but think they may turn to mush after freezing. I
> think cooking/baking or frying them first, then freezing them would
> probably work best. I'm in middle TN so can grow eggplants here. I get
> a good crop before the first freeze in Oct.

It has been my experience that blanching eggplant for freezing leads to
mushplant, not a savory experience at all. Baking or frying works well
though. I have been frying them for freezing but, if we get a good crop
this year, I will try baking the slices on parchment paper and see how
it goes.

Nick Cramer 19-01-2009 03:19 PM

Preserving eggplant

"D. Arlington" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> I can try blanching but think they may turn to mush after freezing. I
> think cooking/baking or frying them first, then freezing them would
> probably work best. I'm in middle TN so can grow eggplants here. I get a
> good crop before the first freeze in Oct.

Plant more hot chiles instead. Ship the excess to me for storage.

Epiphany 19-01-2009 03:44 PM

Preserving eggplant

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:08:18 -0600, "D. Arlington" >
wrote:

>"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "D. Arlington" > wrote:
>>
>>> I always end with more than we can eat from the garden.

>> Plant fewer plants.

>That's chancy because of possible drought or insect invasion.

Or a bad year. I planted 16 plants last year, and harvested one
eggplant. But that's Maine for you.

The Joneses[_1_] 19-01-2009 06:09 PM

Preserving eggplant

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> D. Arlington wrote:
>>
>> "Wilson" > wrote in message
>>> sometime in the recent past D. Arlington posted this:

> It has been my experience that blanching eggplant for freezing leads to
> mushplant, not a savory experience at all. Baking or frying works well
> though. I have been frying them for freezing but, if we get a good crop
> this year, I will try baking the slices on parchment paper and see how it
> goes.

Wonder how this would work?: Using pickling lime or that pickle stuff we
can't seem to find anymore to soak the blanched slices, rinse multiple
times, drain well, and freeze instead of pickle?
We don't eat enuf eggplanters for me to experiment, loving caponata much
better.
Darlington - what recipes are your family's favorites anyways?
Edrena, faithful disciple of St. Vinaigrette, Holy Order of the Sacred
Sisters & Brothers of St. Pectina of Jella (HOSS&BSPJ)

Shef26 21-01-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Arlington (Post 1256583)
What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them? What
methods have you tried?

i usually follow this recipe to make use of eggplants more and more

small eggplants
sea salt
vinegar
white wine
sunflower oil or maize oil
oregano
garlic
red chili pepper
Buy small long eggplants, dark purple or the tiny round ones - not the large round ones as they would go mushy. Peel them and cut them into slices about half a finger thick. Place them in high rimmed dish, salting each successive layer, place a plate with a weight on top and leave them for 24 hours. They form a dark brown juice. Remove this and dry them with kitchen paper and cut them into julienne. Boil them in 2 parts vinegar and 1 part white wine; the quantity depends on how many eggplants you are making. They should boil for about 5 minutes. They must not boil too long or they disintegrate. Strain and cool. When they are cold squeeze them dry and leave them to dry on a cake rack covered with a dish cloth. Air should pass above and below. Choose a few large glass jars in which to conserve the eggplant; these must be very clean, preferably boiled to sterilize them. Place a first layer of eggplant on the bottom of the jar, then sprinkle oregano, crushed garlic, red chili pepper and oil. The oil should be good quality maize oil or sun flower oil. They come well in olive oil but the taste of the oil tends to cover the taste of the eggplant. Close the jars tightly and leave in a dry cool dark place. They are ready to be eaten after a month. The quantify of herbs and spice is up to you, but it is best not to exaggerate.

D. Arlington[_2_] 31-01-2009 01:21 PM

Preserving eggplant

"Epiphany" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:08:18 -0600, "D. Arlington" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

>>> Plant fewer plants.

>>That's chancy because of possible drought or insect invasion.

> Or a bad year. I planted 16 plants last year, and harvested one
> eggplant. But that's Maine for you.

I have one plant I dug up and have in my sunroom. It's starting to get buds.
A cutting from it already bloomed and has a small eggplant starting. Do you
have a sunny window?

Epiphany 31-01-2009 06:16 PM

Preserving eggplant

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 06:21:40 -0600, "D. Arlington" >
wrote:

>"Epiphany" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:08:18 -0600, "D. Arlington" >
>> wrote:

>>>That's chancy because of possible drought or insect invasion.

>> Or a bad year. I planted 16 plants last year, and harvested one
>> eggplant. But that's Maine for you.

>I have one plant I dug up and have in my sunroom. It's starting to get buds.
>A cutting from it already bloomed and has a small eggplant starting. Do you
>have a sunny window?

Not that sunny! Maybe an hour or so early morning or late afternoon. I
should have brought one of them in last fall and put it with my other
plants under the 4-unit (8 lights) fluorescent grow lights. Will try
that next year. The tomato didn't do well at all, although other
plants are flourishing.

D. Arlington 23-02-2009 06:43 AM

Preserving eggplant

"The Joneses" > wrote in message
> Darlington - what recipes are your family's favorites anyways?
> Edrena, faithful disciple of St. Vinaigrette, Holy Order of the Sacred
> Sisters & Brothers of St. Pectina of Jella (HOSS&BSPJ)

We all like eggplant parmesaigna (sp?) type dishes the best.

3dfan 23-06-2009 06:00 PM

Nick Cramer thank you for useful recipe - I managed to preserve eggplant!