Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Home made mustard

Hi everyone,

My aunt recently gave me some home made mustard that a friend of hers made.
It's easily the best mustard I've ever tasted, but I was wondering how long
it would keep in the fridge. Any idea?

Joe

Posted to rec.food.preserving
Reg Reg is offline

Joe Pak wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> My aunt recently gave me some home made mustard that a friend of hers made.
> It's easily the best mustard I've ever tasted, but I was wondering how long
> it would keep in the fridge. Any idea?

Hi Joe,

My mustards keep pretty much the same as store bought. They're ok in
the fridge for a few months, or even longer. At some point they may
start to form mold at the surface, even in the fridge, and even when
they contain a lot of vinegar and have a low ph.

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.preserving

my aunt makes this and the part about the mold is right and, it begins to
seperate also. About 3 months is the longest I keep it. Actually, mustard
person I am, I can't remember it lasting that long!
. net...