Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default FS- Victorio Strainer

Sorry for the FS post but it is preserving related.
We've used an original Victorio Strainer Model 200 for many years to
process our tomatoes and now is the season. They are mega work savers,
no need to peel or core the tomatoes.
We just inherited another Model 200 and have no use for two.
The newest one is for sale. It is the original Model 200 in absolutely
mint condition, as a matter of fact, I don't think it was ever used.
Complete with instruction manual. Unfortunately, the original box is
missing.
I'll box it up and ship it to anywhere in Canada for only $25.00 plus
postage costs.
email for information: rreid at look dot ca

Ross.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:35:44 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the FS post but it is preserving related.
>> We've used an original Victorio Strainer Model 200 for many years to
>> process our tomatoes and now is the season. They are mega work savers,
>> no need to peel or core the tomatoes.
>> We just inherited another Model 200 and have no use for two.
>> The newest one is for sale. It is the original Model 200 in absolutely
>> mint condition, as a matter of fact, I don't think it was ever used.
>> Complete with instruction manual. Unfortunately, the original box is
>> missing.
>> I'll box it up and ship it to anywhere in Canada for only $25.00 plus
>> postage costs.
>> email for information: rreid at look dot ca
>>
>> Ross.

>Somebody TAKE it! It's a little putzy to put together and to clean but
>it's GREAT!
>
>Curiosity question for you, Ross. (Hi, btw) Do you cook them at least
>somewhat before putting them to the Victorio?
>-
>-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
>Dinner at Yummy! 9-15-2007 Pictures included.

Hi Barb.

The Victorio is great isn't it! When the kids were home we'd never
have been able to put down the quantity of tomatoes, especially juice,
that we could with the Victorio.
To your question, no cooking, we simply washed them, cut them in
chunks and ran them through. Clamped to a small table with a stock pot
on a chair under the side chute and a casserole dish under the end to
catch the skins and seeds. Worked great.

Ross
Posted to rec.food.preserving
djb djb is offline

I've got the berry screen and love it for making seedless raspberry
jam. I microwave the raspberries first--they go through faster warm.

Dave

On Sep 20, 1:05 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article >,
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:35:44 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > > wrote:
> > >Somebody TAKE it! It's a little putzy to put together and to clean but
> > >it's GREAT!

> > >Curiosity question for you, Ross. (Hi, btw) Do you cook them at least
> > >somewhat before putting them to the Victorio?
> > >-
> > >-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > >Dinner at Yummy! 9-15-2007 Pictures included.

> > Hi Barb.

> > The Victorio is great isn't it! When the kids were home we'd never
> > have been able to put down the quantity of tomatoes, especially juice,
> > that we could with the Victorio.
> > To your question, no cooking, we simply washed them, cut them in
> > chunks and ran them through. Clamped to a small table with a stock pot
> > on a chair under the side chute and a casserole dish under the end to
> > catch the skins and seeds. Worked great.

> > Ross

> OK. I like to cook them first -- at least get 'em warm and a little
> soft. Dang, I wish I could justify the buy! LOL! I only use mine
> maybe three times a season.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

"djb" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> I've got the berry screen and love it for making seedless raspberry
> jam. I microwave the raspberries first--they go through faster warm.
>
> Dave
>

> On Sep 20, 1:05 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
>> In article >,
>> wrote:
>> > On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:35:44 -0500, Melba's Jammin'

>> > Hi Barb.

>> > The Victorio is great isn't it! When the kids were home we'd never
>> > have been able to put down the quantity of tomatoes, especially juice,
>> > that we could with the Victorio.
>> > To your question, no cooking, we simply washed them, cut them in
>> > chunks and ran them through. Clamped to a small table with a stock pot
>> > on a chair under the side chute and a casserole dish under the end to
>> > catch the skins and seeds. Worked great.

>> > Ross

>> OK. I like to cook them first -- at least get 'em warm and a little
>> soft. Dang, I wish I could justify the buy! LOL! I only use mine
>> maybe three times a season.

berry screen?

OK, looks like I might be the lucky bidder on Ross's Victorio. Guess I'll
have to do some research to see what else it does, huh? And other add on
parts I can buy. Berry screen? Cool.

Kathi

Posted to rec.food.preserving
djb djb is offline

Yep. I have the optional berry screen (very fine to take out berry
seeds), pumpkin screen, and salsa screen. So far, though, I've only
used the berry screen.

Dave

On Sep 20, 5:07 pm, "Kathi Jones" > wrote:

> berry screen?
>
> OK, looks like I might be the lucky bidder on Ross's Victorio. Guess I'll
> have to do some research to see what else it does, huh? And other add on
> parts I can buy. Berry screen? Cool.
>
> Kathi- Hide quoted text -

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Sorry for the FS post but it is preserving related.
We've used an original Victorio Strainer Model 200 for many years to
process our tomatoes and now is the season. They are mega work savers,
no need to peel or core the tomatoes.
We just inherited another Model 200 and have no use for two.
The newest one is for sale. It is the original Model 200 in absolutely
mint condition, as a matter of fact, I don't think it was ever used.
Complete with instruction manual. Unfortunately, the original box is
missing.
I'll box it up and ship it to anywhere in Canada for only $25.00 plus
postage costs.
email for information: rreid at look dot ca

Ross.
Hello Ross: Is your Vitorio Strainer still available? If so, I would be intersted in buying it.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Sorry for the FS post but it is preserving related.
We've used an original Victorio Strainer Model 200 for many years to
process our tomatoes and now is the season. They are mega work savers,
no need to peel or core the tomatoes.
We just inherited another Model 200 and have no use for two.
The newest one is for sale. It is the original Model 200 in absolutely
mint condition, as a matter of fact, I don't think it was ever used.
Complete with instruction manual. Unfortunately, the original box is
missing.
I'll box it up and ship it to anywhere in Canada for only $25.00 plus
postage costs.
email for information: rreid at look dot ca

Ross.
Ross,

I have the model 200 and love it but having trouble with replacement parts, If you have not sold it I wil take it. Can send payment with paypal or money order, just let me know. . Thank you so much!