Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Ping: Edrena (I think) Lime Marmalade

Edrena, was it you who was experimenting with lime marmalade last year?

I ask because I was rereading Preserving Memories (kind of a combo
memoir/cookbook) and she had a recipe for lime marmalade. I'm not willing
to try her recipe myself, because it's one of those that take three days to
make. I'm too fond of instant gratification myself, so that when a recipe
says "On the second day..." I usually take it to mean, "Danger! Return the
way you came!"

But I'll post or email the recipe if you (or anyone else) is interested.

Anny

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Edrena (I think) Lime Marmalade

"Anny Middon" > wrote in message
. net...
> Edrena, was it you who was experimenting with lime marmalade last year?
>
> I ask because I was rereading Preserving Memories (kind of a combo
> memoir/cookbook) and she had a recipe for lime marmalade. I'm not willing
> to try her recipe myself, because it's one of those that take three days
> to make. I'm too fond of instant gratification myself, so that when a
> recipe says "On the second day..." I usually take it to mean, "Danger!
> Return the way you came!"
>
> But I'll post or email the recipe if you (or anyone else) is interested.
>
> Anny

Y'all go right ahead! I'll be interested in the process and I've got lots
of patience.
I'm leaning toward just lime jamalade. I just made it up. Made with
citrus, no lime peel, with chunky pieces of lime supremes. No fibrous parts.
I report in when I make it.
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.preserving

I thought 'supreme' was another name for 'peel'?

Lime anything sounds tasty to me. I look forward to the recipes.

Deb
--
In Oregon, the pacific northWET. NWF habitat #32964

"The Joneses" > wrote in message

> "Anny Middon" > wrote in message
> . net...
>> Edrena, was it you who was experimenting with lime marmalade last year?
>>
>> I ask because I was rereading Preserving Memories (kind of a combo
>> memoir/cookbook) and she had a recipe for lime marmalade. I'm not
>> willing to try her recipe myself, because it's one of those that take
>> three days to make. I'm too fond of instant gratification myself, so
>> that when a recipe says "On the second day..." I usually take it to mean,
>> "Danger! Return the way you came!"
>>
>> But I'll post or email the recipe if you (or anyone else) is interested.
>>
>> Anny
>>

> Y'all go right ahead! I'll be interested in the process and I've got lots
> of patience.
> I'm leaning toward just lime jamalade. I just made it up. Made with
> citrus, no lime peel, with chunky pieces of lime supremes. No fibrous
> parts. I report in when I make it.
> Edrena

Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Deb" > wrote in message
news
>I thought 'supreme' was another name for 'peel'?
>
> Lime anything sounds tasty to me. I look forward to the recipes.
>
> Deb

No, actually, supreme is the meaty portion of the citrus fruit. no peel, no
membranes, hence the supreme part of the fruit.
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Deb wrote:
> I thought 'supreme' was another name for 'peel'?

No, that's backwards. A supreme is a citrus fruit section without the
peel, rind, or seeds.

You're thinking of 'zest,' maybe, which is the peel without the pith.

B/

PING: Edrena.... Virginia Tadrzynski Preserving 1 28-12-2007 06:18 PM
PING: Edrena Virginia Tadrzynski Preserving 3 20-10-2007 05:07 PM
lime marmalade mobile Preserving 6 27-07-2007 02:51 PM
Ping Edrena... The Cook Preserving 4 18-07-2007 06:52 PM
The Lime Marmalade The Joneses[_1_] Preserving 1 19-03-2007 03:04 AM