Apples, what to do?

Old 11-09-2006, 05:12 AM posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking

Default Apples, what to do?

I have some transparent yellow apples (soft kind), but don't feel like
making boring applesauce or apple butter. does anyody have any other
ideas of what I could do with them? For preserving that is.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:31 AM posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking
Usenet poster

"Denise~*" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have some transparent yellow apples (soft kind), but don't feel like
making boring applesauce or apple butter. does anyody have any other
ideas of what I could do with them? For preserving that is.

Yippee! Brandied apples. With or without extra spices.
Apple juice. I love apple cider, too, even better than the juice.
Tippledrena

Old 11-09-2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking

I'd suggest frozen apple slices. I put 2 cups at a time into a plastic
sandwich bag and put all those into one big bag in the freezer. Very
convenient for making apple crisp on a winter's evening. About 5 min to
mix the ingredients and 13 min cook in the microwave. Many a time my
dog an I shared one of these. I get them all to myself now and they
last me a couple of days. Also good for apple pies if one wants to take
the time.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:43 PM posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking

"Wm Watt" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd suggest frozen apple slices. I put 2 cups at a time into a plastic
sandwich bag and put all those into one big bag in the freezer. Very
convenient for making apple crisp on a winter's evening. About 5 min to
mix the ingredients and 13 min cook in the microwave. Many a time my
dog an I shared one of these. I get them all to myself now and they
last me a couple of days. Also good for apple pies if one wants to take
the time.

Oh, William! Sounds like you need to get another dog!

;-)

Kathi

great idea, btw