Carrie Melle

Default chiles

looking for the hot ratio on all chiles or maybe a web page pertaining to
such.
we are looking to starting a hot wing place and searching for chiles to use
for sauces made from scratch any reipes would greatly help also...thanks in
advance for all your help.C

krusty kritter

Carrie Melle wrote:
> looking for the hot ratio on all chiles

Refer to the March 16th thread "Relative Heat of Chiles"

Dimitri

"Carrie Melle" > wrote in message
> looking for the hot ratio on all chiles or maybe a web page pertaining to
> such.
> we are looking to starting a hot wing place and searching for chiles to
> use for sauces made from scratch any reipes would greatly help
> also...thanks in advance for all your help.C

This should help.

http://www.chemsoc.org/exemplarchem/...r/scoville.htm

Other searches for Scoville will also yield results.

Dimitri

Old Magic1

"Carrie Melle" > wrote in message
looking for the hot ratio on all chiles or maybe a web page pertaining to
such.
we are looking to starting a hot wing place and searching for chiles to use
for sauces made from scratch any reipes would greatly help also...thanks in
advance for all your help.C

You might try the following websites.

http://www.chileplants.com/default.asp

http://www.fiery-foods.com/default.asp

--
Old Magic 1

Paul Covey

Carie,
This isn't a detailed scoville rating, but I used it for finding
substitute chiles, and they do rate each pepper with a 1 to 5 chile
rating for heat plus have pictures. Not as complete as I would have
liked, unfortunately.
http://www.foodsubs.com/Chilefre.html
Paul

Carrie Melle wrote:

> looking for the hot ratio on all chiles or maybe a web page pertaining to
> such.
> we are looking to starting a hot wing place and searching for chiles to use
> for sauces made from scratch any reipes would greatly help also...thanks in
> advance for all your help.C

Carrie Melle

Thanks everyone, all the info will be helpful and greatly
appreciated....Carrie