John Struzik

Default Flour totillas and pasta machine?

Hello again,
Does anyone have any experience roilling out flour tortillas (or even corn
tortillas) in the rollers of a pasta machine?
Thanks for your help.
John from San Diego
Wayne Lundberg

"John Struzik" > wrote in message
. 44...
> Hello again,
> Does anyone have any experience roilling out flour tortillas (or even corn
> tortillas) in the rollers of a pasta machine?
> Thanks for your help.
> John from San Diego

Juan en San Diego... why? The best flour and corn tortillas are for sale at
almost all grocery stores in this county. But if you really want to go
native, take a trip to the Benito Juarez market in TJ and you'll find
legitimate tortilla making tools on the corner across from the chicharron
vendor.

Wayne

Wayne Lundberg

"John Struzik" > wrote in message
. 44...
> Hello again,
> Does anyone have any experience roilling out flour tortillas (or even corn
> tortillas) in the rollers of a pasta machine?
> Thanks for your help.
> John from San Diego

Juan en San Diego... why? The best flour and corn tortillas are for sale at
almost all grocery stores in this county. But if you really want to go
native, take a trip to the Benito Juarez market in TJ and you'll find
legitimate tortilla making tools on the corner across from the chicharron
vendor.

Wayne

BCBPROJXX

Hi,
This is for corn tortillas.
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/images/...tillapress.jpg
The locals seem to think they work -- I have not tried one myself. I
wondered about using a pasta machine for flour tortillas but all things
considering it is awfully fast with a rolling pin and sure a lot less
equipment cleanup. And a press for corn tortillas works easily.

Barb
GourmetSleuth.com "John Struzik" > wrote in message
. 44...
> Hello again,
> Does anyone have any experience roilling out flour tortillas (or even corn
> tortillas) in the rollers of a pasta machine?
> Thanks for your help.
> John from San Diego

pasta machine question sf[_9_] General Cooking 124 11-08-2010 05:52 PM
pasta machine ilduco General Cooking 5 15-12-2005 12:24 AM
Al Dente Pasta Machine charlie atherton Cooking Equipment 1 26-01-2004 01:10 AM
pasta machine in australia Matt Lobegeiger General Cooking 8 14-11-2003 06:56 AM
pasta machine in australia Matt Lobegeiger Marketplace 0 12-11-2003 01:03 PM