Driver

Default pickling jalapenos

I received a jar of pickled jalapenos from the Texas Pepper Co. for
Christmas. The jalapenos are gone but the remaining "liquor" is phenomenal,
and adds great spice with very little work.

Does anyone have a good recipe for pickling jalapenos?

Thanks,

TTG

Jim Lane

Driver wrote:
> I received a jar of pickled jalapenos from the Texas Pepper Co. for
> Christmas. The jalapenos are gone but the remaining "liquor" is phenomenal,
> and adds great spice with very little work.
>
> Does anyone have a good recipe for pickling jalapenos?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TTG

Hmmmm, seems to me you couold take some fresh peppers, make a small cut
in the side and put them in the remaining liquid. We sued to do this
with gardineria (sp?).

jim
Bob Dietz

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 04:32:56 GMT, "Driver"
> > wrote:
>
> >I received a jar of pickled jalapenos from the Texas Pepper Co. for
> >Christmas. The jalapenos are gone but the remaining "liquor" is

phenomenal,
> >and adds great spice with very little work.
> >
> >Does anyone have a good recipe for pickling jalapenos?

> The same kind of brine for picked eggs would work for jalapeno's.
> I forget which exact recipe I used, but It was very successful. I
> did a hot pack - heat the liquid, throw in the peppers, and remove
> from heat. I also threw in some thick onion slices (those were
> almost better than the peppers).

Or just o a google search on jalapeno + escabeche; take your pick

Bob Dietz

Karen O'Mara

"Driver" > wrote in message link.net>...
> I received a jar of pickled jalapenos from the Texas Pepper Co. for
> Christmas. The jalapenos are gone but the remaining "liquor" is phenomenal,
> and adds great spice with very little work.
>
> Does anyone have a good recipe for pickling jalapenos?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TTG

from the archives, hth, Karen

To: alt.food.mexican-cooking
Subject: pickle Jalapenos?

Jalapenos Cow Whisperer Preserving 0 19-06-2005 01:49 AM
Jalapenos Douglas Barber Barbecue 46 07-08-2004 03:26 PM