Thurman

Default Tacos Al Pastor

My son described what he had been told about tacos al pastor
and asked me to find a cooker for his restaurant in Flamingo
Bay, Costa Rica. Interested in finding out more about this
dish, I've found nearly every taqueria in the DFW area has
this on the menu but meat and preparation vary widely. Only
one apparently used pineapple.

All searches for tacos al pastor/pastur/pasture have failed.
Any recipes would be appreciated.

Wayne Lundberg

"Thurman" > wrote in message
> My son described what he had been told about .

---snip---

You can start with a very simple, yet exquisite combination by flipping your
rotisserie on end and skewing fin layers of lean pork upon which you have
brushed nothing more than adobo (bought from any supermarket shelf) and
garlic salt. Rotate so it is cooking the outer layer all the time and slice
thin cuts of the layered meat and put into small, thin corn tortillas which
have been heated with the help of a drop or two of oil. Put the tortilla on
butcher's paper cut into little squares. Have at least three salsas handy;
one green, red and chile de arbol along with roasted green onions on the
side along with radishes floating in water and ice. Serve with beer or your
favorite soda pop. As you carve the meat become an artist and experiment
with pear shape, etc. The pineapple is just to hold the meat on the skewer
top and bottom through pressure. It also looks good.

Wayne
www.rcsailcars.com

David Wright

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:14:32 -0500, Thurman >
wrote:

>All searches for tacos al pastor/pastur/pasture have failed.
>Any recipes would be appreciated.

Here's a link I found a year or so ago:
http://www.batista.org/pastor.html

David
Wayne Lundberg

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:14:32 -0500, Thurman >
> wrote:

Great site David! Which makes me amend my previous posting - please add
cilantro as a key ingredient to have on the counter along with the salsas.

Jim Lane

Thurman wrote:

> My son described what he had been told about tacos al pastor and asked
> me to find a cooker for his restaurant in Flamingo Bay, Costa Rica.
> Interested in finding out more about this dish, I've found nearly every
> taqueria in the DFW area has this on the menu but meat and preparation
> vary widely. Only one apparently used pineapple.
>
> All searches for tacos al pastor/pastur/pasture have failed. Any recipes
> would be appreciated.

Try adobada or adovada. Also, this cooker is country kin to the one
Greeks use for gyros.

jim

al pastor Rolly Brook Mexican Cooking 11 11-02-2012 06:57 AM
al pastor .[_11_] Mexican Cooking 0 15-09-2011 08:26 PM
al pastor Chemo the Clown[_2_] Mexican Cooking 0 14-09-2011 11:45 PM
Tacos al Pastor Rolly Mexican Cooking 3 04-01-2009 08:23 PM
Tacos al Pastor Douglas S. Ladden Mexican Cooking 11 04-02-2004 12:06 PM