Frogleg

Default Can you freeze guacamole?

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:35:28 -0500, "Jack Sloan" >
wrote:

>"Steve Wertz" > wrote

>> "Allen Lydick" > wrote:
>>
>> >Most guacamole is sold frozen.

>> Most guacamole is made fresh.
>>
>> I had occasion to freeze gaucamole since this thread started. All the
>> chunks lost their texture, bascially I ended up with a puree. Not
>> real gucamole anymore, IMHO.

>Guacamole that has been frozen and thawed is no longer guacamole , but
>sometimes it's not bad " avocado dip."

Still, it's not something to take to a party unless the competition is
Lipton onion soup dip and 'cocktail' sausage in BBQ sauce. Avocado
doesn't take kindly to freezing at any stage.
Wayne Lundberg

In all honesty I have not seen frozen guacamole in any of my local stores. I
do see refrigerated, de-oxydated packaged guacamole. The trick is to keep it
cool and without contact with the air. There is a plant in Tijuana that
receives the best avocados from the interior of Mexico, then take the pit
and outside skin and pull a hard vacuum and chill the package for transport
to the aguacate processor in LA - Felix - who then keep it cool and deliver
to markets throughout California. Good stuff! Never frozen. Vacuum packed
and chilled will keep for about a week.

Wayne

BCBPROJXX

Hello,
Actually you can freeze it depending on what you've added to the avocados.
I would not store it for more than a month or two.

Barbara
GourmetSleuth.com http://www.gourmetsleuth.com
The gourmet food and cooking resource
"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon..."
"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> In all honesty I have not seen frozen guacamole in any of my local stores.

> do see refrigerated, de-oxydated packaged guacamole. The trick is to keep

it
> cool and without contact with the air. There is a plant in Tijuana that
> receives the best avocados from the interior of Mexico, then take the pit
> and outside skin and pull a hard vacuum and chill the package for

transport
> to the aguacate processor in LA - Felix - who then keep it cool and

deliver
> to markets throughout California. Good stuff! Never frozen. Vacuum packed
> and chilled will keep for about a week.
>
> Wayne

Paull

I've seen frozoen guacamole on our local Walmart all the time.
No telling what's in it...
TPhil

There's a very good frozen guac. sold in Sam's Club made by Delimex. It's as
about authentic as you can get in a frozen format.

Much better than the Avo-King or other's you see in the grocery store.

"Paull" > wrote in message
> I've seen frozoen guacamole on our local Walmart all the time.
> No telling what's in it...

Linda

Yes, I've bought that guacamole at Sam's and it is very good.

Linda
(back from R&R)

Guacamole Becca General Cooking 32 06-12-2009 06:59 AM
I ¢¾ Guacamole Food Snob®[_2_] General Cooking 35 04-05-2009 01:04 AM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 9 02-05-2007 03:32 AM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 1 01-05-2007 06:10 PM
Guacamole Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-07-2005 02:27 AM