Drink mixes from the 60's

Old 09-10-2007, 12:45 AM posted to rec.food.historic

Default Drink mixes from the 60's

Hi,

Does anyone remember a type of powdered drink mix, similar to Kool-Aid that
was available in the mid 60's. It came in a glass jar and I think that the
logo was the particular fruit of each flavor with facial and body features.
It's not the Goofy Grape, Jolly Olly Orange drink mix (don't remember the
name either but I know that it also came in a paper packet just like
Kool-Aid) but the one I'm looking for was pre-sweetened as I remember only
mixing it with water. Any ideas?

T. Fizek

Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.food.historic

Just found the ad for "Funny Face" drink mix but this is the one in the
package like Kool-Aid with names like Goof Grape, etc. Can't find the other
one and am wondering if I imagined it?

Old 10-10-2007, 02:01 PM posted to rec.food.historic

Does anyone remember a type of powdered drink mix, similar to Kool-Aid that
was available in the mid 60's. It came in a glass jar and I think that the
logo was the particular fruit of each flavor with facial and body features.
It's not the Goofy Grape, Jolly Olly Orange drink mix (don't remember the
name either but I know that it also came in a paper packet just like
Kool-Aid) but the one I'm looking for was pre-sweetened as I remember only
mixing it with water. Any ideas?

Dunno what Kool-Aid is, but I had something called Tang (orange
flavour only) in New Zealand in the 60s. Mostly citric acid,
sugar and tartrazine, I guess. It came in glass jars. Made by
some transnational corporation. I think it was marketed as
something astronauts might drink.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:14 AM posted to rec.food.historic

In article ,
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
Does anyone remember a type of powdered drink mix, similar to Kool-Aid that
was available in the mid 60's. It came in a glass jar and I think that the
logo was the particular fruit of each flavor with facial and body features.
It's not the Goofy Grape, Jolly Olly Orange drink mix (don't remember the
name either but I know that it also came in a paper packet just like
Kool-Aid) but the one I'm looking for was pre-sweetened as I remember only
mixing it with water. Any ideas?

Dunno what Kool-Aid is, but I had something called Tang (orange
flavour only) in New Zealand in the 60s. Mostly citric acid,
sugar and tartrazine, I guess. It came in glass jars. Made by
some transnational corporation. I think it was marketed as
something astronauts might drink.

In fact, Tang was developed for precisely that purpose, but
it became and instant substitute for orange juice.

Kool-Aid is the most sold powdered fruit-taste drink
in the US. It comes in various versions; unsweetened,
with sugar, or with artificial sweetening. I use the
unsweetened version myself; it is quick and acceptable,
with little nutritional value.
Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558