FoodBanter.com

-   Historic (https://www.foodbanter.com/historic/)
-   -   Drink mixes from the 60's (https://www.foodbanter.com/historic/136824-drink-mixes-60s.html)

R. Fizek 09-10-2007 12:45 AM

Drink mixes from the 60's

Hi,

Does anyone remember a type of powdered drink mix, similar to Kool-Aid that
was available in the mid 60's. It came in a glass jar and I think that the
logo was the particular fruit of each flavor with facial and body features.
It's not the Goofy Grape, Jolly Olly Orange drink mix (don't remember the
name either but I know that it also came in a paper packet just like
Kool-Aid) but the one I'm looking for was pre-sweetened as I remember only
mixing it with water. Any ideas?

T. Fizek

R. Fizek 09-10-2007 12:52 AM

Drink mixes from the 60's

Just found the ad for "Funny Face" drink mix but this is the one in the
package like Kool-Aid with names like Goof Grape, etc. Can't find the other
one and am wondering if I imagined it?

Jack Campin - bogus address 10-10-2007 02:01 PM

Drink mixes from the 60's

> Does anyone remember a type of powdered drink mix, similar to Kool-Aid that
> was available in the mid 60's. It came in a glass jar and I think that the
> logo was the particular fruit of each flavor with facial and body features.
> It's not the Goofy Grape, Jolly Olly Orange drink mix (don't remember the
> name either but I know that it also came in a paper packet just like
> Kool-Aid) but the one I'm looking for was pre-sweetened as I remember only
> mixing it with water. Any ideas?

Dunno what Kool-Aid is, but I had something called Tang (orange
flavour only) in New Zealand in the 60s. Mostly citric acid,
sugar and tartrazine, I guess. It came in glass jars. Made by
some transnational corporation. I think it was marketed as
something astronauts might drink.

<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/> for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554 975

Herman Rubin 11-10-2007 03:14 AM

Drink mixes from the 60's

In article >,
Jack Campin - bogus address > wrote:
>> Does anyone remember a type of powdered drink mix, similar to Kool-Aid that
>> was available in the mid 60's. It came in a glass jar and I think that the
>> logo was the particular fruit of each flavor with facial and body features.
>> It's not the Goofy Grape, Jolly Olly Orange drink mix (don't remember the
>> name either but I know that it also came in a paper packet just like
>> Kool-Aid) but the one I'm looking for was pre-sweetened as I remember only
>> mixing it with water. Any ideas?

>Dunno what Kool-Aid is, but I had something called Tang (orange
>flavour only) in New Zealand in the 60s. Mostly citric acid,
>sugar and tartrazine, I guess. It came in glass jars. Made by
>some transnational corporation. I think it was marketed as
>something astronauts might drink.

In fact, Tang was developed for precisely that purpose, but
it became and instant substitute for orange juice.

Kool-Aid is the most sold powdered fruit-taste drink
in the US. It comes in various versions; unsweetened,
with sugar, or with artificial sweetening. I use the
unsweetened version myself; it is quick and acceptable,
with little nutritional value.
Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558