Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Howdy-Hey!

I finally have internet access again, so I figured I'd see what was the
haps down here @ rfc. I'm still working my way through google archives,
but I figured a hey howdy would be apropos before I started responding
as per my normal volume

Saerah
(formerly Bennett)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Saerah Gray wrote:
> I finally have internet access again, so I figured I'd see what was the
> haps down here @ rfc. I'm still working my way through google archives,
> but I figured a hey howdy would be apropos before I started responding
> as per my normal volume
>
> Saerah
> (formerly Bennett)

yahoy matey! Long time no see.
Hope things are going okay, doll.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Saerah Gray" > wrote

>I finally have internet access again, so I figured I'd see what was the
>haps down here @ rfc. I'm still working my way through google archives, but
>I figured a hey howdy would be apropos before I started responding as per
>my normal volume

Hey Saerah! Nice to see you.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Bubbo wrote:
> Saerah Gray wrote:
>> I finally have internet access again, so I figured I'd see what was the
>> haps down here @ rfc. I'm still working my way through google archives,
>> but I figured a hey howdy would be apropos before I started responding
>> as per my normal volume
>>
>> Saerah
>> (formerly Bennett)

> yahoy matey! Long time no see.
> Hope things are going okay, doll.

eh. as well as things can be when you've moved back in with your mom

plus, it's weird having to keep kosher.

Saerah
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Saerah Gray wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> Saerah Gray wrote:
>>> I finally have internet access again, so I figured I'd see what was the
>>> haps down here @ rfc. I'm still working my way through google archives,
>>> but I figured a hey howdy would be apropos before I started responding
>>> as per my normal volume
>>>
>>> Saerah
>>> (formerly Bennett)

>> yahoy matey! Long time no see.
>> Hope things are going okay, doll.
>>

> eh. as well as things can be when you've moved back in with your mom
>
> plus, it's weird having to keep kosher.
>
> Saerah

speaking of, are armadillos kosher to eat?
My coworkers see me as some sort of bottomless pit f information and since I
am the only one who knows anything about keeping kosher (which admittedly is
very little) they ask me!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
I thought I was driving by Gettysburg once but it ends up I was just driving
by your mom's house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Bubbo wrote:
> Saerah Gray wrote:
>> The Bubbo wrote:

>>> yahoy matey! Long time no see.
>>> Hope things are going okay, doll.
>>>

>> eh. as well as things can be when you've moved back in with your mom
>>
>> plus, it's weird having to keep kosher.
>>
>> Saerah

> speaking of, are armadillos kosher to eat?
> My coworkers see me as some sort of bottomless pit f information and since I
> am the only one who knows anything about keeping kosher (which admittedly is
> very little) they ask me!

afaik, no, armadillos are not kosher. baseline is cloven hooves and a
ruminant stomach, both of which are absent in the armadillo. (It is a
mammal, right?)

Saerah
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Saerah Gray wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> Saerah Gray wrote:

>>> eh. as well as things can be when you've moved back in with your mom
>>>
>>> plus, it's weird having to keep kosher.
>>>
>>> Saerah

>> speaking of, are armadillos kosher to eat?
>> My coworkers see me as some sort of bottomless pit f information and since

>> am the only one who knows anything about keeping kosher (which admittedly

is
>> very little) they ask me!
>>

> afaik, no, armadillos are not kosher. baseline is cloven hooves and a
> ruminant stomach, both of which are absent in the armadillo. (It is a
> mammal, right?)
>
> Saerah

hmmm, they will be disappointed.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
I thought I was driving by Gettysburg once but it ends up I was just driving
by your mom's house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Saerah Gray wrote:
> I finally have internet access again, so I figured I'd see what was the
> haps down here @ rfc. I'm still working my way through google archives,
> but I figured a hey howdy would be apropos before I started responding
> as per my normal volume
>
> Saerah
> (formerly Bennett)

Welcome back! Hey - I made you a pizza!

http://i1.tinypic.com/wspc87.jpg

xoxo,
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:
> Saerah Gray wrote:
>> I finally have internet access again, so I figured I'd see what was the
>> haps down here @ rfc. I'm still working my way through google archives,
>> but I figured a hey howdy would be apropos before I started responding
>> as per my normal volume
>>
>> Saerah
>> (formerly Bennett)

> Welcome back! Hey - I made you a pizza!
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/wspc87.jpg
>
> xoxo,
> -L.

awww, you shouldn't have!
I think I know what I'm making for dinner tomorrow now, though

Saerah
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
Saerah Gray > wrote:

> I finally have internet access again, so I figured I'd see what was the
> haps down here @ rfc. I'm still working my way through google archives,
> but I figured a hey howdy would be apropos before I started responding
> as per my normal volume
>
> Saerah
> (formerly Bennett)

Welcome back! :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Saerah Gray" > wrote in message
m...

> afaik, no, armadillos are not kosher. baseline is cloven hooves and a
> ruminant stomach, both of which are absent in the armadillo. (It is a
> mammal, right?)

Actually, I don't think the ruminant STOMACH is the criterion, just that
the animal swallows the food and brings it up again and eats it again. I
don't know if there are too many animals like that. I know of only one,
the rabbit, and that's not kosher because it doesn't have cloven hooves.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mordechai Housman wrote:
> "Saerah Gray" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>> afaik, no, armadillos are not kosher. baseline is cloven hooves and a
>> ruminant stomach, both of which are absent in the armadillo. (It is a
>> mammal, right?)

> Actually, I don't think the ruminant STOMACH is the criterion, just that
> the animal swallows the food and brings it up again and eats it again. I
> don't know if there are too many animals like that. I know of only one,
> the rabbit, and that's not kosher because it doesn't have cloven hooves.

Point taken. Been a while since I studied the laws of kashrut.

Saerah
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mordechai Housman wrote:
> "Saerah Gray" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>> afaik, no, armadillos are not kosher. baseline is cloven hooves and a
>> ruminant stomach, both of which are absent in the armadillo. (It is a
>> mammal, right?)

> Actually, I don't think the ruminant STOMACH is the criterion, just that
> the animal swallows the food and brings it up again and eats it again. I
> don't know if there are too many animals like that. I know of only one,
> the rabbit, and that's not kosher because it doesn't have cloven hooves.

I didn't know that rabbits are ruminants, mammals with stomachs of
four chambers or rumen. Cows are and I believe that goats and lambs
are as well and so are camels and llamas.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> Mordechai Housman wrote:
>> "Saerah Gray" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>
>>> afaik, no, armadillos are not kosher. baseline is cloven hooves and
>>> a ruminant stomach, both of which are absent in the armadillo. (It
>>> is a mammal, right?)

>> Actually, I don't think the ruminant STOMACH is the criterion, just
>> that the animal swallows the food and brings it up again and eats it
>> again. I don't know if there are too many animals like that. I know
>> of only one, the rabbit, and that's not kosher because it doesn't
>> have cloven hooves.

> I didn't know that rabbits are ruminants, mammals with stomachs of
> four chambers or rumen. Cows are and I believe that goats and lambs
> are as well and so are camels and llamas.

Once again: rabbits are not ruminants per se, because they have more or
less a normal stomach. they do not have four stomachs, to the best of my
knowledge. However, they DO regurgitate their food and eat it again. The
Bible does NOT call them ruminants; it says that they "bring up their
food." Which they do. I have seen my own pet rabbit do this on occasion.
(Okay, actually, it's my KIDS' pet rabbit, but never mind.)

The Bible says that since the rabbit brings up its food, but does not
have cloven hooves, it is not kosher.

Many people have tried to find fault with the Bible because the rabbit
is not a ruminant, and they insist that the Bible says that the rabbit
is a ruminant. However, that's nothing more than believing what they
WANT to believe. The Bible does not use a word that means "ruminant."
The Bible uses the phrase "maaleh gairah." Maaleh means "brings up."
Gairah means something that has been agitated, or chewed up.

So again: the rabbit is not a ruminant. But it DOES bring up its food.

Howdy-Hey! Saerah Gray General Cooking 5 18-08-2006 06:05 AM
just saying howdy again Jim Sourdough 0 08-01-2006 02:41 PM
Howdy Damsel General Cooking 10 28-07-2005 05:59 PM
Howdy, All! What's been pouring? Mike Wine 2 24-06-2005 01:29 PM