Nexis

Default What do you make when you don't feel like eating?

Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...

So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
you forgot to take out that steak....

thanks!

kimberly

Julia Altshuler

Pasta with pesto.
Chocolate.
Bagels and cream cheese.
Sliced roast beef from the deli section of the supermarket.
Carrots sliced the long way and dunked in salad dressing.
Ice cream.
Pita pizza (pita bread, spread with canned tomato sauce, whatever
vegetables are in the fridge and grated cheese, toasted in the little
toaster oven).

Granted not all those suggestions are applicable to your situation, but
that is what I eat when I don't feel like eating.

--Lia

Nexis wrote:
> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....
>
> thanks!
>
> kimberly

Puester

Nexis wrote:

> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....
>
> thanks!
>
> kimberly

1. a phone call to a pizza delivery place, or
2. scrambled eggs

gloria p
DRB

"Nexis" > wrote in message
> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be

less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....
>
> thanks!
>
> kimberly

Here is what I eat when I either don't feel like cooking or am strapped for
time. A lot of these may not be applicable for a family, as I'm a single,
but it's what I usually end up doing...

Cornbread Pancakes
Chicken Strips (the breaded ones that you can get in the freezer section; i
get manor house or something like that)
Stoufer's Five Cheese Lasagna
Frozen Pizza
Bagel Pizza's (store bought tomato sauce doctored up with italian seasoning
and maybe some garlic, store bought bagels, cheese, and maybe some
pepperoni)
Ham and Cheese Sandwhiches
Raw Vegetables (carrots, broccoli)
Garlic Bread
Kraft Mac and Cheese with Tuna mixed in (can't believe I'm admitting that
here... ;-) In my defense however, the mood for that one only strikes about
once a year)
Polish Sausage (nuked or george forman grilled) on a hotdog bun, with
ketchup
Baked Potato

Hahabogus

"Nexis" > wrote in news:J%4eb.9171$gi2.2341@fed1read01:

> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping
> meals isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family
> would be less than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner
> tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't
> feel like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7
> p.m. and you forgot to take out that steak....
>
> thanks!
>
> kimberly

On the days you do feel like cooking ....cook an extra serving or 6. That
way on the days you don't feel like cooking you just have to defrost and
re-heat. Thank god for the boil in a bag meal and also for microwave ovens.

PENMART01

In article <J%4eb.9171$gi2.2341@fed1read01>, "Nexis" > writes:

>Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
>anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
>isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
>than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
>So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
>like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
>you forgot to take out that steak....
>
>thanks!
>
>kimberly

I'm not diabetic, so I can easily make a nutritious meal of a liter of wine,
cheez-its (get yer own box), and a jar of olives... and no I'm not prego
either.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Nina

"Nexis" > wrote in message
> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be

less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....

Im pregnant and have alternated between horrible nausea and a complete lack
of appetite. Of course I HAVE to eat, so its been a struggle.I like soup. I
cook and freeze split pea soup and chicken soup. I can eat maybe 3 cups at a
time, it just goes down easy. I usually serve it with toast or grilled
cheese sandwiches.

Nina

"Nexis" > wrote in message
> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be

less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....

Grilled cheese sandwiches
Bacon and toast
grits

Melba's Jammin'

wrote:

> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping
> meals isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family
> would be less than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having
> dinner tonight, ok?"...

They'll live.

> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....
>
> thanks!
>
> kimberly

Pancakes or waffles. Marie Callender's frozen pot pies. Pasta with
white clam sauce. Homemade rice-a-roni:

Where's Libby?

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Rice Pilaf

Recipe By: , 2/15/97, posted to r.f.cooking
Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time: 0:35
Categories: Entrees

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
1 cup long grain white rice
12 pieces vermicelli pasta noodles (12 to 15)
2 C chicken bouillon
1 tbsp butter (1 to 2)

Melt butter in saucepan. Add rice and stir now and then til it
browns...be careful not to let it burn. When rice is evenly browned, add
the vermicelli which you have broken into 2-3 in lengths and the
bouillon.

Bring to a boil, reduce flame, cover, and simmer til liquid is
absorbed...probably about 20 minutes or so.

Serve as is or with a little pat of butter.

If you try it, let me know how you like it.

‹‹‹‹‹
Notes: This recipe came from my 4th grade teacher's mother, a lovely
Armenian woman, nearly 50 years ago! I wouldn't make pilaf any other
way....and it always gets raves. Elizabeth Dean Brooks,
rec.food.cooking_
--
-Barb,
I've got a bunch of Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks
levelwave

PENMART01 wrote:

> I'm not diabetic, so I can easily make a nutritious meal of a liter of wine,
> cheez-its (get yer own box), and a jar of olives... and no I'm not prego
> either.
>
> Sheldon

Amen... for me it's usually Ritz Crackers topped with Asiago, Smoked
Summer Sausage and a good Spicy Mustard... followed by a cheap Chardonnay...

~john!

Sandy n ne

depends on my level of cooking apathy. If I have some energy, I'll heat up a
can of soup-progresso anything, normally. If turning on the stove is to much
effort, a bowl of cereal is what I do. If getting a bowl out and pouring milk
is to much work-I go with cottage cheese straight out of the carton. Believe it
or not, there are days when even that is to much effort.

Sandra
jammer

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:29:13 -0700, "Nexis" > wrote:

>Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
>anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
>isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
>than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
>So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
>like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
>you forgot to take out that steak....
>
>thanks!
>
>kimberly

cereal, yogurt, a sandwich

Kajikit

Nexis saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all
about it on Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:29:13 -0700:

>Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
>anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
>isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
>than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
>So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
>like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
>you forgot to take out that steak....

Eggs - scrambled, omelette etc
Toasted or grilled sandwiches
Take leftovers out the freezer and nuke em
Spaghetti or carbonara or macaroni cheese
Phone the pizza place
Get Chinese from the restaurant down the street

(huggles)

~Karen AKA Kajikit

Nobody outstubborns a cat...

Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com
occupant

Nexis wrote:

> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....
>
> thanks!
>
> kimberly

Tomato Beef or Tomato Chicken on rice
Whenever I buy beef or chicken I slice in think little strips and freeze
it on pizza trays covered layer by layer with wax paper then ziplock
bagged after frozen. It means I am never without meat.

Frozen perogues (from Costco) and yogurt - new easy way. I used to boil
and then fry the perogues. No longer. I just place a little oil in a
small heated frying pan. Add a whole chopped medium onion (I love
onions) and then in this frying pan place 10 perogues on top of the
onions in the process of frying and cover tightly for 10 or 15 minutes.
The oil fries the onions and the steam, steams the perogues. In my case
I use a samll cast iron frying pan and I eat this dish right out of the
frying pan. Adding yogurt by the spoonful as needed. Yes, sour cream
is good, but too good for me!

Quick and easy elbows: Fry small onion, add a handful of diced meat of
choice or home ground beef, fresh ground pepper, two handsful of frozen
mixed vegetables or fresh vegetables or frozen peas and cooked drained
elbows. Add grated cheese of your choice or not. Filling, cheap and
wonderful eaten out of the pot or on a plate!
lea

Nexis wrote:
> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping
> meals isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family
> would be less than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having
> dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't
> feel like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7
> p.m. and you forgot to take out that steak....

Generally, I *love* poached eggs on toast with fresh tomaty and maybe some
cheese underneath, and maybe some chili paste on top. Egg yolk *must* run
everywhere

But i've just come back from holi's and caught a bug on the flight home.
Queasy and sensitive - the only thing I could stomach was a can of Heinz Big
Red tomato soup, into which I chopped spring onions and a grind of black
pepper.

Feeling better now: steak last night and a chicken stir-fry tonight

--
Home from Rome

travis

*blink* When you don't feel like eating? What's that like? ;-)

--
Travis
'63 VW Camo Baja...

:wq!
Nexis

writes:

> >Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> >anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> >isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be

less
> >than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
> >
> >So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> >like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> >you forgot to take out that steak....
> >
> >thanks!
> >
> >kimberly

> I'm not diabetic, so I can easily make a nutritious meal of a liter of

wine,
> cheez-its (get yer own box), and a jar of olives... and no I'm not prego
> either.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> Sheldon
> ````````````
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

Frighteningly enough, if you swap the wine for iced tea, that was my lunch
many an afternoon... tho, sometimes I'd add pate too.

kimberly

Nexis

"Nina" > wrote in message
t...

> "Nexis" > wrote in message
> > Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> > anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> > isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be

> less
> > than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight,

ok?"...

> > So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> > like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m.

and
> > you forgot to take out that steak....

> Im pregnant and have alternated between horrible nausea and a complete

lack
> of appetite. Of course I HAVE to eat, so its been a struggle.I like soup.

> cook and freeze split pea soup and chicken soup. I can eat maybe 3 cups at

> time, it just goes down easy. I usually serve it with toast or grilled
> cheese sandwiches.

Hi Nina,

I can relate! I had hyperemesis with both pregnancies, and to say it sucked
would be like saying Pamela Anderson has breasts....an understatement.
I can tell you, as odd as it may sound, lemons help. I used to carry a small
baggie of lemon peels with me whenever I had to be in/on any form of
transportation...which was only when absolutely necessary! Grape juice and
lemon aid, combined, was a magic tonic during my second pregnancy. You may
want to try it. The doctor told me some reasons why it would work, something
to do with the combination, but I don't recall (and didn't care, honestly, I
was just grateful that it *did* help).

kimberly

Nexis

"Kajikit" > wrote in message
> Nexis saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all
> about it on Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:29:13 -0700:
>
> >Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> >anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> >isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be

less
> >than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
> >
> >So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> >like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> >you forgot to take out that steak....

> Eggs - scrambled, omelette etc
> Toasted or grilled sandwiches
> Take leftovers out the freezer and nuke em
> Spaghetti or carbonara or macaroni cheese
> Phone the pizza place
> Get Chinese from the restaurant down the street
>
> (huggles)
>
> ~Karen AKA Kajikit

Now I tell ya, Karen, if I were in Minnie Soda, that last suggestion would
be at minimum a weekly event....but, alas, there is no good chinese take out
near me. Well, at least not good by my Minnie-Soda-Mushy-Chow-Mein
standards. lol

kimberly

Felice Friese

"levelwave" > wrote in message
> PENMART01 wrote:
>
> > I'm not diabetic, so I can easily make a nutritious meal of a liter of

wine,
> > cheez-its (get yer own box), and a jar of olives... and no I'm not prego
> > either.
> >
> > Sheldon

> Amen... for me it's usually Ritz Crackers topped with Asiago, Smoked
> Summer Sausage and a good Spicy Mustard... followed by a cheap

Chardonnay...

> ~john!

Yep. Me, I take the cheap Chardonnay WITH the crackers and cheese. It's a
very acceptable non-dinner dinner.

Felice

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Dog3
> wrote:
(snip)
> I believe it. I've had the same type of days. Grabbed the cottage
> cheese from the fidge and eaten it from the carton. I usually have
> frozen pot pies, a casserole, lasagne or something in the freezer.
> Michael

What kind of pot pie?
--
-Barb,
Saw The Little Muffin yesterday. She didn't know I was coming to visit.
Nancy Young

Dog3 wrote:

> I believe it. I've had the same type of days. Grabbed the cottage cheese
> from the fidge and eaten it from the carton. I usually have frozen pot
> pies, a casserole, lasagne or something in the freezer.

I do that all the time, just eat cottage cheese out of the carton.
It's like, I don't feel like eating but I know I have to. Goes
down easy. I also keep nutritional drinks like Boost or Ensure
Extra Protein in the refrigerator. They're great for times when
I'm hungry in the morning but can't really face actual food.
Also yogurt.

nancy (wishes she was a breakfast eater)
Hahabogus

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> Dog3 wrote:
>
>> I believe it. I've had the same type of days. Grabbed the cottage
>> cheese from the fidge and eaten it from the carton. I usually have
>> frozen pot pies, a casserole, lasagne or something in the freezer.

> I do that all the time, just eat cottage cheese out of the carton.
> It's like, I don't feel like eating but I know I have to. Goes
> down easy. I also keep nutritional drinks like Boost or Ensure
> Extra Protein in the refrigerator. They're great for times when
> I'm hungry in the morning but can't really face actual food.
> Also yogurt.
>
> nancy (wishes she was a breakfast eater)

cottage cheese and some sliced fruit works. So does cottage cheese and
sliced fresh garden tomatoes, but it's a little late for that option. But
you need (well I do) lots of ground pepper on either dish.
MrAoD

(PENMART01) writes:
"Nexis" <nexis1> writes:

>>Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
>>anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
>>isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
>>than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>>
>>So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
>>like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
>>you forgot to take out that steak....
>>
>>thanks!
>>
>>kimberly

>I'm not diabetic, so I can easily make a nutritious meal of a liter of wine,
>cheez-its (get yer own box), and a jar of olives... and no I'm not prego
>either.

Seconding that liter, skipping the cheez-its.

If the problem is you're supposed to eat something to keep your blood sugar
level up but don't feel like cooking, don't cook. My hazy recollection of
diabetic diets [based on 6 mos of dating a non insulin-dependent diabetic]
leads me to suggest an apple and a small portion of good cheese. Failing that,
perhaps some crudites [excuse the absence of the ~aigout] or a plate of amuse
bouches, one helping of dry goods that are in your pantry, such as crackers, a
slice of cheese, a piece of fruit, a small piece of meat, and vegetables.

If you're insulin dependent I can't help because I don't know your dietary
constraints but try to extend the concept - take a slice or a chunk off the
things you CAN eat and fix yourself a plate.

If you're talking about cooking for others when you yourself don't feel like
eating I'd suggest joining the restaurant trade and learning how the pros do
it. Or teaching those ungrateful wretches^Wdependents how to cook for
themselves.

>---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
>Sheldon

Well hoss, I'm down with boycotting the Sprouts (Heffelweissen my @$$, moldy
wheat . . . ) and I'm down with moving the UN to Outer Mongolia . . .

Uh . . .

wow! Nice troll for the stupids.

>"Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

Yeah well, right about know I could use a little less meaning, if you know what
I mean.

Best,

Marc

j*ni

Hark! I heard "Nexis" > say:

> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....

Canned soup and sandwiches. Sure, homemade soup is better, but
you can't beat the simplicity of opening a can of Campbell's Tomato
and serving with some bologna or grilled cheese sandwiches. This
is for the family though -- when I'm alone, I just grab a peanut
butter and jelly sandwich...

--
j*ni m. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!
Mark Shaw

"Don't feel like eating...."

"Don't feel like eating...."

Hmmm.

Sorry, I don't understand you.

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"How can any culture that has more lawyers
Nexis

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Dog3 wrote:
>
> > I believe it. I've had the same type of days. Grabbed the cottage

cheese
> > from the fidge and eaten it from the carton. I usually have frozen pot
> > pies, a casserole, lasagne or something in the freezer.

> I do that all the time, just eat cottage cheese out of the carton.
> It's like, I don't feel like eating but I know I have to. Goes
> down easy. I also keep nutritional drinks like Boost or Ensure
> Extra Protein in the refrigerator. They're great for times when
> I'm hungry in the morning but can't really face actual food.
> Also yogurt.
>
> nancy (wishes she was a breakfast eater)

Yeah but....how do they *taste* ?

kimberly

Nancy Young

Nexis wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> > It's like, I don't feel like eating but I know I have to. Goes
> > down easy. I also keep nutritional drinks like Boost or Ensure
> > Extra Protein in the refrigerator. They're great for times when
> > I'm hungry in the morning but can't really face actual food.
> > Also yogurt.
> >
> > nancy (wishes she was a breakfast eater)

> Yeah but....how do they *taste* ?

Okay, not unlike chocolate milk. And a whole lot better than blacking
out because I didn't eat anything.

nancy
Julia Altshuler

travis wrote:
> *blink* When you don't feel like eating? What's that like? ;-)

I know you meant it as a funny question, but it does happen to me now
and then. I'll be in the grocery store, hungry and bored. It is
usually at the change of season or when winter has been around too long.
I'll look at all the food, know that I can make anything I want,
realize that I'm going to need food to live, and yet I can't bring
myself to think anything is appetizing. When I lived by myself during
those times, I'd subsist on orange juice until the desire to eat came
back. Now that there's a man in the house, I'm better about eating 3
times a day but still have times when I'd rather not eat. Very salty
highly spiced food is best then, like inexpensive American-Chinese take-out.

--Lia

Nathalie Chiva

Nexis a écrit :

> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....

Bread soup (Stale bread, lots of garlic, lots of thyme or oregano, sea salt,
pepper, one egg broken over the whole thing, drown in hot water from the
kettle, wait 3 minutes, drizzle with olive oil, eat)
Polenta, cottage cheese and scrambled eggs
Bread and cheese and fruit
Spaghetti aglio olio peperoncino

Nathalie in Switzerland

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Dog3
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > deliciously posted in
> :
>
> > In article >, Dog3
> > > wrote: (snip)
> >> I believe it. I've had the same type of days. Grabbed the
> >> cottage cheese from the fidge and eaten it from the carton. I
> >> usually have frozen pot pies, a casserole, lasagne or something in
> >> the freezer. Michael

> > What kind of pot pie?

> The 16 ounce Marie Callanders or Stouffers.

I was curious. We like the Marie Callenders. Sam's Club has a box of 8
for ten bucks -- a 10 oz size pie. And I cook them in the microwave.
Nine minutes.

> Either beef or chicken. I
> have made my own and frozen them for later also. When I do home made

I never bother. Maybe I'll have to try the Stouffer's.

> I never quite get the crust right and sometimes it's soggy. Both
> brands take about an hour to bake so I have time to unwind. However,
> I'll not be eating them with any regularity from now on

I think Rob eats them when I'm away. He doesn't cook. He heats.

> Michael <- does not want to be chastised by those that care about him
> and his propensity to eat fatty foods

I wouldn't dream of chastising such a nice boy.
Love,
Mom
--
-Barb, whose reply address is now munged due to Swen. You can figure it out.
Saw The Little Muffin recently. She didn't know I was coming to visit.
She saw my can of TaB on the counter before she saw me.
She looked at the can and said, "Baba?"
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Dog3
> wrote:
(snip)
> > cottage cheese and some sliced fruit works. So does cottage cheese and
> > sliced fresh garden tomatoes, but it's a little late for that option.
> > But you need (well I do) lots of ground pepper on either dish.
> >

> Oh yes, ground pepper is essential in either case. Sometimes I'll
> trow in some dried dill or garlic powder, or both. I don't care much
> for fruit and cottage cheese but I love fruit and yogurt.

> Michael

Applesauce on top of cottage cheese is pretty good. I made some caramel
apple butter that I might try with it, too.
--
-Barb, whose reply address is now munged due to Swen. You can figure it out.
Saw The Little Muffin recently. She didn't know I was coming to visit.
She saw my can of TaB on the counter before she saw me.
She looked at the can and said, "Baba?"
Dimitri

"Nexis" > wrote in message
> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be

less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....
>
> thanks!
>
> kimberly

Pancakes or any hot breakfast for supper once in a while is a really fun.

I also use Cottage Cheese and some fruit on a bed of lettuce.

Dimitri

Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message
. 1...

> Barb if you are ever up this way try Molly's Meat Pies. A kinda bakery it
> mostly sells various meat pies....several outlets in town and very good.

Better than Mr. D's? I've never tried Molly's, but we've been going to Mr.
D's forever, it seems (definitely more than 20 years). They don't even use
any fillers in their tourtiere--no potatoes at all with the pork!

rona

Hahabogus

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in
:

> Better than Mr. D's?

I'm very happy with Molly's Pies. I usually buy the steak and mushroom or
the chicken and mushroom. There aren't anything in the filling except the
meat and the mushrooms and some gravy. And not a lot of gravy even, not
enough to cause a minor puddle. Tastes good has a puff pastry top and a
regular pastry bottom and come in various sizes. They also sell dessert
style pies, which I haven't yet tried.

Only complaint is they don't use much in the way of salt and pepper. Which
is really a minor problem and easily solved.
Karen O'Mara

"Nexis" > wrote in message news:<J%4eb.9171$gi2.2341@fed1read01>...
> Some days, I just don't feel like eating. It's not that I'm sick or
> anything...I just don't feel hungry. But, being diabetic, skipping meals
> isn't really a good plan, and besides, I do believe my family would be less
> than thrilled if I began saying "We're not having dinner tonight, ok?"...
>
> So, I just need some new ideas...things you might make if you don't feel
> like eating or like cooking, or just things you make when it's 7 p.m. and
> you forgot to take out that steak....

Tell your family that you are not "doing dinner tonight!" It will
inspire all sorts of things. Start a tradition that you will not
regret. Do not backpeddle and cook! You eat what you want for your
condition and forget the rest of 'em.

I do this now and then. Sometimes, the thought of cooking and/or
eating is just not gonna happen. My daughter is perfectly capable of
fixing a bowl of cereal or toasting an English muffin or opening a can
of soup.

And, don't forget to tell them to clean up after themself!

Karen
Nexis

"Dog3" > wrote in message
06...
> Melba's Jammin' > deliciously posted in
> :
>
> > In article >, Dog3
> > > wrote:
> > (snip)
> >> I believe it. I've had the same type of days. Grabbed the cottage
> >> cheese from the fidge and eaten it from the carton. I usually have
> >> frozen pot pies, a casserole, lasagne or something in the freezer.
> >> Michael

> > What kind of pot pie?

> The 16 ounce Marie Callanders or Stouffers. Either beef or chicken. I have
> made my own and frozen them for later also. When I do home made I never
> quite get the crust right and sometimes it's soggy. Both brands take

about
> an hour to bake so I have time to unwind. However, I'll not be eating

them
> with any regularity from now on
>
> Michael <- does not want to be chastised by those that care about him and
> his propensity to eat fatty foods

I used to really like the Marie Callendar ones, then they went and changed
them so there's hardly anything in them. Now I get the Claim Jumper pot
pies...wow are they ever good! The problem is I don't get to have them very
often.

kimberly

Nancy Young

Dog3 wrote:

> The 16 ounce Marie Callanders or Stouffers.

The Marie's have a HORRENDOUS amount of fat and calories. And they
are usually two servings. You know I adore you, read the label.

nancy