Viking vs Wolf vs DCS

Old 19-07-2006, 06:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Viking vs Wolf vs DCS

Getting ready to do a kitchen remodel and we're looking to get some high end
appliances.

Can anyone point me to a website or newsgroup where I can read reviews of
the above mentioned professional series stoves? Or provide personal
experiences with the above listed brands?

Thanks in advance.

Sandy K.

Old 19-07-2006, 07:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:56:21 -0400, "Sandy K."
wrote:

Getting ready to do a kitchen remodel and we're looking to get some high

end
appliances.

Can anyone point me to a website or newsgroup where I can read reviews of
the above mentioned professional series stoves? Or provide personal
experiences with the above listed brands?

Thanks in advance.

Sandy K.

I can't point you to reviews, but you can ask questions about such
stoves on rec.food.equipment.

Christine

Thanks - just what I was looking for.

Sandy K.

Old 19-07-2006, 07:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Getting ready to do a kitchen remodel and we're looking to get some high
end
appliances.

Can anyone point me to a website or newsgroup where I can read reviews of
the above mentioned professional series stoves? Or provide personal
experiences with the above listed brands?

Thanks in advance.

Sandy K.

We have a Viking for about 3 years and like it a lot. Only thing that ****es
me off is the black enamel is a bitch to clean grease off of. Re do, I
would go for the 6 burner and look hard at the SS version.

Larry T

Old 19-07-2006, 08:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sandy K." wrote in message
Getting ready to do a kitchen remodel and we're looking to get some high
end
appliances.

Can anyone point me to a website or newsgroup where I can read reviews of
the above mentioned professional series stoves? Or provide personal
experiences with the above listed brands?

Thanks in advance.

Sandy K.

We've got a Wolf Dual-Fuel range...very pleased with it. The griddle works
very well (but a pain to clean), and we've found the ovens to be very
consistent.

Minor quibble: We're on propane, and the burners tend to 'pop' on turn-off.
This is normal, and mentioned in the manual, but my wife tends to still be
startled when it does it.

Bill