FoodBanter.com

-   -   Viking vs Wolf vs DCS (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/96656-viking-vs-wolf-vs.html)

Sandy K. 19-07-2006 06:56 PM

Viking vs Wolf vs DCS

Getting ready to do a kitchen remodel and we're looking to get some high end
appliances.

Can anyone point me to a website or newsgroup where I can read reviews of
the above mentioned professional series stoves? Or provide personal
experiences with the above listed brands?

Thanks in advance.

Sandy K.

Sandy K. 19-07-2006 07:11 PM

Viking vs Wolf vs DCS

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:56:21 -0400, "Sandy K." >
> wrote:
>
> >Getting ready to do a kitchen remodel and we're looking to get some high

end
> >appliances.
> >
> >Can anyone point me to a website or newsgroup where I can read reviews of
> >the above mentioned professional series stoves? Or provide personal
> >experiences with the above listed brands?
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >Sandy K.
> >

> I can't point you to reviews, but you can ask questions about such
> stoves on rec.food.equipment.
>
> Christine

Thanks - just what I was looking for.

Sandy K.

LT[_1_] 19-07-2006 07:20 PM

Viking vs Wolf vs DCS

> Getting ready to do a kitchen remodel and we're looking to get some high
> end
> appliances.
>
> Can anyone point me to a website or newsgroup where I can read reviews of
> the above mentioned professional series stoves? Or provide personal
> experiences with the above listed brands?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sandy K.

We have a Viking for about 3 years and like it a lot. Only thing that ****es
me off is the black enamel is a bitch to clean grease off of. Re do, I
would go for the 6 burner and look hard at the SS version.

Larry T

Christine Dabney 19-07-2006 08:01 PM

Viking vs Wolf vs DCS

Bill Beeman 19-07-2006 08:12 PM

Viking vs Wolf vs DCS

"Sandy K." > wrote in message
> Getting ready to do a kitchen remodel and we're looking to get some high
> end
> appliances.
>
> Can anyone point me to a website or newsgroup where I can read reviews of
> the above mentioned professional series stoves? Or provide personal
> experiences with the above listed brands?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sandy K.

We've got a Wolf Dual-Fuel range...very pleased with it. The griddle works
very well (but a pain to clean), and we've found the ovens to be very
consistent.

Minor quibble: We're on propane, and the burners tend to 'pop' on turn-off.
This is normal, and mentioned in the manual, but my wife tends to still be
startled when it does it.

Bill