Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish?

I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Benjamin Lotto wrote:
> I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
> find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!!

I don't believe they make one that size.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Benjamin Lotto" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
> find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!!

Have you gone to www.pyrex.com, found a phone number, and called the
company?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Jul 2006 10:45:32 -0700, "Benjamin Lotto" >
wrote:

>I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
>find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>
>Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried WalMart? I got a 9x9 there, but haven't found an 8x8
yet. I get the ones with ridges on the sides, and plastic covers.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On 17 Jul 2006 10:45:32 -0700, "Benjamin Lotto" >
> wrote:
>
> >I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
> >find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
> > I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

> Have you tried WalMart? I got a 9x9 there, but haven't found an 8x8
> yet. I get the ones with ridges on the sides, and plastic covers.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll call the "local" WalMart (about 40
minutes away!) and see if they have one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have one. Clear Glass. Try Target.

Benjamin Lotto wrote:

> I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
> find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"benlotto" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> On 17 Jul 2006 10:45:32 -0700, "Benjamin Lotto" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
>> >find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
>> > I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

>> Have you tried WalMart? I got a 9x9 there, but haven't found an 8x8
>> yet. I get the ones with ridges on the sides, and plastic covers.

> Thanks for the pointer. I'll call the "local" WalMart (about 40
> minutes away!) and see if they have one.

There's a link at www.pyrex.com that's labeled "Buy Now", although it might
mean something altogether different.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Jul 2006 12:06:46 -0700, "benlotto" > wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> On 17 Jul 2006 10:45:32 -0700, "Benjamin Lotto" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
>> >find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
>> > I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.

>> Have you tried WalMart? I got a 9x9 there, but haven't found an 8x8
>> yet. I get the ones with ridges on the sides, and plastic covers.

>Thanks for the pointer. I'll call the "local" WalMart (about 40
>minutes away!) and see if they have one.

Good luck!
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Glenn wrote:
> I have one. Clear Glass. Try Target.
>
> Benjamin Lotto wrote:
>
> > I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
> > find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
> > I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
> >
> > Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks!!

Maybe they make one exclusively for Target or WalMart, but their
website doesn't list one.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Glenn wrote:
>> I have one. Clear Glass. Try Target.
>>
>> Benjamin Lotto wrote:
>>
>> > I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
>> > find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
>> > I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>> >
>> > Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>> >
>> > Thanks!!
>> >

> Maybe they make one exclusively for Target or WalMart, but their
> website doesn't list one.
>
> N.

Do they list the traditional rectangular dish? I only took a fast look, and
all I saw was the tricky stuff with lids & other bells & whistles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"L, not -L" > wrote

> On 17-Jul-2006, "Benjamin Lotto" > wrote:
>
>> I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
>> find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
>> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>>
>> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

> I'll bet you'll find one in a local thrift store, such as Goodwill.

In that vein, I looked on ebay ... I did not see a pyrex glass dish
size 9X9. Since they have a lot of vintage stuff, it's a collectible,
I wonder if they have ever made such a thing.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Benjamin Lotto" > wrote in
ups.com:

> I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
> find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!!

Benjamin,

There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.

Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> "Benjamin Lotto" > wrote in
> ups.com:
>
>> I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
>> find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
>> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>>
>> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks!!

> Benjamin,
>
> There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
> ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.
>
> Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
> each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?
>
> Andy

You crazy guy. They still make the 9x13. A 9x9 would nest fine in that,
especially since the 9x13s nest into one another.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in news:WjTug.5531
:

>> Benjamin,
>>
>> There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
>> ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.
>>
>> Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
>> each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?
>>
>> Andy

> You crazy guy. They still make the 9x13. A 9x9 would nest fine in that,
> especially since the 9x13s nest into one another.

Joe,

How? I could understand if the sides of the pan's height was trapazoidal,
with a nine inch top measure and an eight inch bottom measure.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in news:WjTug.5531
> :
>
>>> Benjamin,
>>>
>>> There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
>>> ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.
>>>
>>> Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
>>> each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> You crazy guy. They still make the 9x13. A 9x9 would nest fine in that,
>> especially since the 9x13s nest into one another.

> Joe,
>
> How? I could understand if the sides of the pan's height was trapazoidal,
> with a nine inch top measure and an eight inch bottom measure.
>
> Andy

Haven't you ever touched a square or rectangular Pyrex baking dish? The
bottoms are rounded. They don't next completely, but more than enough to
keep them from toppling over.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, On Mon 17 Jul 2006 02:25:15p, Andy was muttering about...

> "Benjamin Lotto" > wrote in
> ups.com:
>
>> I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
>> find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
>> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>>
>> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks!!

> Benjamin,
>
> There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
> ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.
>
> Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
> each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?
>
> Andy

Here is a 9x9 stoneware baking dish by Le Creuset...

http://tinyurl.com/nyfff

--
Wayne Boatwright

I often wonder ...
What do people mean when they say the computer went down on me?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in
8.19:

> Oh pshaw, On Mon 17 Jul 2006 02:25:15p, Andy was muttering about...
>
>> "Benjamin Lotto" > wrote in
>> ups.com:
>>
>>> I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I

can't
>>> find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer

available?
>>> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>>>
>>> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>>>
>>> Thanks!!

>> Benjamin,
>>
>> There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
>> ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.
>>
>> Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
>> each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Here is a 9x9 stoneware baking dish by Le Creuset...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/nyfff

Wayne,

For $25.00 is that a collectible of some sort??

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, On Mon 17 Jul 2006 03:04:29p, Andy was muttering about...

> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in
> 8.19:
>
>> Oh pshaw, On Mon 17 Jul 2006 02:25:15p, Andy was muttering about...
>>
>>> "Benjamin Lotto" > wrote in
>>> ups.com:

>>> Benjamin,
>>>
>>> There are 9x9s in non-stick materials, etc., not pyrex. I didn't see a
>>> ceramic 9x9 anywhere either.
>>>
>>> Maybe it's because pyrex pan sets are designed so they can sit inside
>>> each other to reduce packaging and conserve cabinet space?!?
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> Here is a 9x9 stoneware baking dish by Le Creuset...
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/nyfff

> Wayne,
>
> For $25.00 is that a collectible of some sort??
>
> Andy

LOL! No. It's Le Creuset...what more can i say?

--

Wayne Boatwright

I often wonder ...
What do people mean when they say the computer went down on me?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, On Mon 17 Jul 2006 03:04:29p, Andy was muttering about...
>
>>> Here is a 9x9 stoneware baking dish by Le Creuset...
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/nyfff

>> Wayne,
>>
>> For $25.00 is that a collectible of some sort??
>>
>> Andy

> LOL! No. It's Le Creuset...what more can i say?

LOL Unless that baking dish is going to prep the food, fill itself and put
itself in the oven, don't buy the "name" is what I say! (Oh, and it would
have to wash itself afterwards, too!)

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

L, not -L wrote:

> I think you may be right; the two square glassware baking dishes I have (1
> Pyrex, 1 Ancho Hocking) are 8x8, maybe that is the only square size made.

That's not true. I have both sizes.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Jul 2006 04:54:54p, jmcquown meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Oh pshaw, On Mon 17 Jul 2006 03:04:29p, Andy was muttering about...

>>> Wayne,
>>>
>>> For $25.00 is that a collectible of some sort??
>>>
>>> Andy

>> LOL! No. It's Le Creuset...what more can i say?

> LOL Unless that baking dish is going to prep the food, fill itself and
> put itself in the oven, don't buy the "name" is what I say! (Oh, and it
> would have to wash itself afterwards, too!)

Then YOU find one that's cheaper. :-)

Personally, I would have no compunction over ordering the Le Creuset. I'm
very fond of their products.

--
Wayne Boatwright

God said 'Let there be cats!'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"Benjamin Lotto" > wrote:

> I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
> find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!!

eBay has a set that includes a 9x9.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 7-10-06, Rob's Birthday Lunch
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Benjamin-
What will you be using it for? That extra inch shouldn't make that
much difference - It'll just make your stuff taller and thicker. .
..Oops, that didn't come out right!

But ummm what I meant to say, if it's for a cake or something. The
smaller 8" would just make it thicker. This response is just getting
worse as I go along. . .but you know what I mean;-)

Sorry. . .Blonde here, and the heat is getting to me;-)

Myrl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:30:30 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>They still make the 9x13. A 9x9 would nest fine in that,
>especially since the 9x13s nest into one another.

Been there, tried to do that. I think it's the thickness of the glass
that screws that scheme up.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 17 Jul 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:30:30 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
> >They still make the 9x13. A 9x9 would nest fine in that,
> >especially since the 9x13s nest into one another.

> Been there, tried to do that. I think it's the thickness of the glass
> that screws that scheme up.
>
> Carol

I get 9X9 pyrex baking dishes at zellers...kinda a canadian version of
Kmart.

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Jul 2006 04:54:54p, jmcquown meant to say...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> Oh pshaw, On Mon 17 Jul 2006 03:04:29p, Andy was muttering about...

>>> LOL! No. It's Le Creuset...what more can i say?

>> LOL Unless that baking dish is going to prep the food, fill itself
>> and put itself in the oven, don't buy the "name" is what I say!
>> (Oh, and it would have to wash itself afterwards, too!)

> Then YOU find one that's cheaper. :-)

Ah, but I don't *need* a 9x9 baking dish! :-p

> Personally, I would have no compunction over ordering the Le Creuset.
> I'm very fond of their products.

I'm just not a "buy the name" kinda gal. I know all these products have
names (Pryrex is a name brand, for example). I suppose if there was another
income in my household I'd give Le Creuset a try... maybe. But the
"designer" cookware and bakeware holds no appeal for me. I got a couple of
All Clad pots for Christmas a couple of years ago; I tried them. Rarely use
them. I don't want to *know* what my brother paid for them! (He's one of
those it's all about the name types.)

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"L, not -L" > wrote

> On 17-Jul-2006, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>> In that vein, I looked on ebay ... I did not see a pyrex glass dish
>> size 9X9. Since they have a lot of vintage stuff, it's a collectible,
>> I wonder if they have ever made such a thing.

> I think you may be right; the two square glassware baking dishes I have (1
> Pyrex, 1 Ancho Hocking) are 8x8, maybe that is the only square size made.

For whatever reason I always thought my square baking dishes were 9 by.
I finally checked, no, they are 8x8. Live and learn.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
6.121...
> Damsel in dis Dress >
> :
>
>> On 17 Jul 2006 10:45:32 -0700, "Benjamin Lotto" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I would like to find a square 9x9 Pyrex glass baking dish, but I can't
>>>find anything out there. Is this something that's no longer available?
>>> I have two 8x8's and a 9x13, but would really like a 9x9.
>>>
>>>Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

>> Have you tried WalMart? I got a 9x9 there, but haven't found an 8x8
>> yet. I get the ones with ridges on the sides, and plastic covers.
>>
>> Carol

> I get strange sized pans at Pottery Barn. Well, I think that's the name.
> I"m not even sure I need all the stuff I buy anyway.
>
> Michael

There's also a company called Anchor Hocking, which makes glass dishes that
are as good as Pyrex, and in the same price range. I've seen them in
supermarkets and other non-boutique sources.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:30:30 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
>>They still make the 9x13. A 9x9 would nest fine in that,
>>especially since the 9x13s nest into one another.

> Been there, tried to do that. I think it's the thickness of the glass
> that screws that scheme up.
>
> Carol

This is why I love newsgroups: We have to take a brief detour to define
"nest". :-) My definition: Stacks well enough to save *****SOME***** space
(see disclaimer below), and stack securely.

Disclaimer: More space than if the objects didn't nest at all, not as much
as if they nested more deeply. Your mileage may vary. Or not. Speak to your
doctor before using Pyrex. Past performance is no guarantee of future
results. You may contain peanuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > Oh pshaw, On Mon 17 Jul 2006 03:04:29p, Andy was muttering about...

> >> Wayne,
> >>
> >> For $25.00 is that a collectible of some sort??
> >>
> >> Andy

> > LOL! No. It's Le Creuset...what more can i say?

> LOL Unless that baking dish is going to prep the food, fill itself and put
> itself in the oven, don't buy the "name" is what I say! (Oh, and it would
> have to wash itself afterwards, too!)
>
> Jill

got a web site for wash-themself dishes? two hand surgeries make them VERY
appealling!
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Benjamin-
> What will you be using it for? That extra inch shouldn't make that
> much difference - It'll just make your stuff taller and thicker. .
> .Oops, that didn't come out right!
>
> But ummm what I meant to say, if it's for a cake or something. The
> smaller 8" would just make it thicker. This response is just getting
> worse as I go along. . .but you know what I mean;-)
>
> Sorry. . .Blonde here, and the heat is getting to me;-)
>
> Myrl

forget blonde....it's so hot the hair has melted!
-ginny