Recipe for a Frosting That Won't Melt in the Heat

Old 01-07-2006, 11:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe for a Frosting That Won't Melt in the Heat

This is wonderful stuff. Tastes like whipping cream to me, but it
stands up to the worst heat and humidity. I have witnesses. Crash and
I brought a birthday cake for Barb Schaller to a Minneapolis cook-in,
and it was yummy and invincible. If you're baking a cake for
Independence Day, this might be a good frosting to use on it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Creamy White Frosting

Recipe By :Gail Wallen
Serving Size : 18 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories : Cakes and Frostings Signature Dishes

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg white -- beaten foamy*
2/3 cup skim milk -- lukewarm
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. With electric mixer, cream together the butter, shortening, and
sugar.
2. Add egg white and beat well.
3. Add milk and vanilla, and beat for 10 minutes.

"This luscious frosting tastes like whipped cream!"
Source:
"RFC 3/10/1999"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 143 Calories; 11g Fat (66.6%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber;
14mg Cholesterol; 60mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk;
2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Stands up well to heat and humidity.

For just us, I use a real egg white. For others, I use powdered egg
white that I buy he
http://www.maidofscandinavia.com/

Frosts: 2 - 9" layers or 1 -13x9" oblong

Old 01-07-2006, 03:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sat 01 Jul 2006 03:19:21a, Damsel in dis Dress meant to say...

This is wonderful stuff. Tastes like whipping cream to me, but it
stands up to the worst heat and humidity. I have witnesses. Crash and
I brought a birthday cake for Barb Schaller to a Minneapolis cook-in,
and it was yummy and invincible. If you're baking a cake for
Independence Day, this might be a good frosting to use on it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Creamy White Frosting

LOL! When I read the subject, I read it as "...Won't melt in your mouth!"

It's a great frosting, and I've made it quite a few times. I can't recall if
it was from you or Barb posting it before, not that it matters.

David loves the texture of it.

--
Wayne Boatwright @@

recipes with buttermilk? enigma General Cooking 17 12-08-2005 12:58 AM
rec.food.sourdough FAQ Recipes (part 1 of 2) Darrell Greenwood Sourdough 0 29-03-2005 06:36 AM
Pizza Sauce Recipe rmg General Cooking 4 26-01-2005 04:20 AM
rec.food.sourdough FAQ Recipes (part 1 of 2) Darrell Greenwood Sourdough 0 28-09-2004 05:17 AM
Tapioca-my new secret delight Goomba38 General Cooking 32 05-04-2004 11:28 PM