Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheese Question

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
6.121...
>A neighbor dropped by yesterday with a smallish (about 4 oz maybe) wedge of
> cheese. She was in a hurry and we didn't chat. They left for the UK for
> the rest of the summer. She had cleaned out her refrigerator and thought
> would like the cheese. She did not say what kind it was, or who makes it.
> The cheese is really, really tasty. I can't quite figure out what kind it
> is. We have some definite truffles and a very subtle onionish taste.
> Leeks
> or shallot but not both. The cheese is firm, almost like a jack cheese
> but
> milder in flavor. Any clues as to what this is? I want some more of it.
> Anyone?
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Ever been this tired?
> http://i6.tinypic.com/123tkjo.jpg
> http://i5.tinypic.com/123tmjc.jpg

Can't help on the cheese, but gorgeous kittens!
Sarah

Cheese shopping question Kalmia General Cooking 67 11-06-2014 07:34 PM
Cheese Question biig General Cooking 1 16-06-2006 06:49 PM
Cheese Question Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman General Cooking 2 15-06-2006 08:47 PM
Cheese Question Sheldon General Cooking 0 15-06-2006 01:58 PM
Cottage Cheese Question... Jamie_Canuck General Cooking 35 28-12-2003 10:52 PM