Fresh Masa?

Old 10-06-2006, 01:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fresh Masa?

How long will fresh masa stay, fresh, I guess, if I keep it in the
refrigerator? If I can't use it within a day or two, can I freeze it
and expect good results when it is thawed?

I ask because I've only ever used it fresh and within a couple days,
and the place where I buy it only has it fresh Fridays and Saturdays and
I want to use it for a tamal this coming Thursday. If I buy it
tomorrow, that is still five days later.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Old 12-06-2006, 03:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ranee Mueller wrote:

How long will fresh masa stay, fresh, I guess, if I keep it in the
refrigerator? If I can't use it within a day or two, can I freeze it
and expect good results when it is thawed?

I ask because I've only ever used it fresh and within a couple days,
and the place where I buy it only has it fresh Fridays and Saturdays and
I want to use it for a tamal this coming Thursday. If I buy it
tomorrow, that is still five days later.

It won't keep all that long in the fridge. It can be frozen, which is
one of the ways it is sold around here in the Southwest. Freeze it; thaw
the night before.