Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Re-freeze meat after thaw?

I opened up my freezer to find that the temperature is off...definately
not at freezing any more, and I'll get that repaired. I had a lot of
meat stored there that is at least nearly, if not all the way thawed.
Pork chops, back ribs, steaks. I have 2 other freezers to use, but if
it's been through a freeze and thaw cycle, can I safely re-freeze it
now? If not, y'all better get over here for a reeeeelly big BBQ.

Sandy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
ps.com
:: I opened up my freezer to find that the temperature is
off...definately
:: not at freezing any more, and I'll get that repaired. I had a lot
of
:: meat stored there that is at least nearly, if not all the way
thawed.
:: Pork chops, back ribs, steaks. I have 2 other freezers to use, but
if
:: it's been through a freeze and thaw cycle, can I safely re-freeze
it
:: now? If not, y'all better get over here for a reeeeelly big BBQ.
::
:: Sandy

LOL! I like the way you think!

If that's really an option, yes cook the meat, then freeze.
Especially if you have a vacuum sealer.

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<> Why is it that it takes freakin' forever to thaw something in the
> fridge that you WANT to thaw (that turkey you got on sale) but if the
> freezer conks out, your stuff thaws in no time flat!! ;-D
>
> Sandy

So funny, yesterday DH was taking stuff to the dump in our dump-of-a-truck
that we use specifically for hauling in and dumping.
He said a fellow was standing there with a big frozen (solid) turkey in his
hands and asked DH if he wanted it. DH said, "no, thank you." The guy gave
it a pitch and in the dumpster it went, but as he was throwing it, he said
in a nice voice, "Byeee, Turkey."
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in
:

> If one wears a chef's coat (or similar) what do you use to keep a
> hand-towel handy to wash your hands.

I wear an apron over the coat (cover what the coat doesn't) and put the
towel there. Same thing Emeril and Mario Batali do on their shows as best
I recall.

> I bought a chef's coat and it's useless, IMO. It has no pockets
> except for a dinky left pocket where you put your thermometer -- it
> falls out. It has a left breast pocket which is too little to put
> anything in, and when you do, and you bend over, it falls out.
> There is no pocket below the waist.

The coats we are given in class have 2 pouches on the sleeve to hold pen,
thermometer, ect. The breast pocket is perfect size for a memo pad + cover
(I got the cover from Kinko's) and a calculator, and they fit in there
fine. I actually can't keep my thermometer in my sleve, I clip it to the
front of the coat. Doesn't hold alot, but holds what I need it to.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike H" > wrote in message
9.130...
> "Dee Randall" > wrote in
> :
>
>> If one wears a chef's coat (or similar) what do you use to keep a
>> hand-towel handy to wash your hands.

> I wear an apron over the coat (cover what the coat doesn't) and put the
> towel there. Same thing Emeril and Mario Batali do on their shows as
> best
> I recall.

Thanks,
"Wearing an apron over a coat" that's what I've done - BUT it is a
half-apron with full pockets from left to right/right to left, and one can
hang the towel over it. I'm going to check out those guys again.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:

> So funny, yesterday DH was taking stuff to the dump in our dump-of-a-truck
> that we use specifically for hauling in and dumping.

Today is trash pick up day, so I hauled the remaining thawed meat out
and said goodbye...man, I hated to do that. Back to Costco tomorrow.

Sandy

THAW Brooklyn1 General Cooking 2 26-02-2017 01:18 AM
Can you freeze deli lunch meat? limey General Cooking 11 27-12-2007 06:04 PM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 9 02-05-2007 03:32 AM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 1 01-05-2007 06:10 PM
The power of thaw Nancy Young General Cooking 16 22-02-2007 12:54 AM