Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Supper and lunches next week

For supper tonight and for lunches at work next week I made a Crockpot of
this.

I never could follow a recipe...I added to the recipe 5 largish button
mushrooms;finely sliced and a red bell pepper also finely sliced. And for
a change I used a vadillia onion. For Chicken content a pound of boneless
skinless chicken thighs; chopped & 5 cloves of garlic; minced. I rounded
up the chicken stock with some turkey stock. And replaced the lemon
pepper with penzey's Sunny Spain spice blend. Also seems I was out of
worchester sauce so I used maggi sauce instead. I used the leaves off the
celery stalk in the soup as well. I made about 11 quarts of this soup.

Nancy sure picked a winner with this soup...No matter what you do to
it...it's Great!

I prefer the Sunny Spain...has more bite to it than lemon pepper.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Nancy's Chicken Tortilla Soup

Soups/Chowders, soup

1 medium onion chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
1 carrot; chopped
2-3 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 4 oz can green chiles
1 15oz can italian herbed tomatoes chopped; with juice
4 cups chicken stock; 4 -6 cups
1 tsp lemon pepper use a strong brand
2 tsp worchester sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin powder
1/2 tsp hot sauce (to taste)
1/2 cup water
4 tbsp flour
1 lb chicken parts skinned and de-boned; i use thighs
1/3 cup sour cream; see note

In a heavy large dutch oven over medium heat soften the onion carrot and
celery in the oil. Add the minced garlic and cook about one more minute.
Add the green chiles and the chopped tomatoes, then add the chicken stock
and the seasoning. Simmer for about 20 minutes.

In a small bowl stir together the flour and water then add to soup.
Simmer
5 minutes more.

Add the chopped chicken meat. Simmer about 5 minutes more.

stir in the sour cream and serve.

Best served with corn tortilla chips .

Note if you are going to freeze parts of this don't add the sour cream
till
ready to serve. Sour cream doesn't freeze well.

-Alan