Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Minor brand Stock Base

Traveling back and forth thru a few states from VA to CT, we stop at all the
Costco's and BJ's for our breaks; I looked at all of them for Minor's stock
base. I finally found both Beef and Chicken base at BJ's in Allentown,
Pennsylvania.

Funny, it was not with the chicken/beef bullion cubes, but on a completely
different aisle -- the canned soup aisle.
They were $5.79 each.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:

> Funny, it was not with the chicken/beef bullion cubes, but on a completely
> different aisle -- the canned soup aisle.
> They were $5.79 each.
> Dee Dee

you coulda bought a whole chicken for that price

For the freshest stock... just go buy a live chicken and a large black
garbage bag.

bring him home, and boil a big pot of water...

meanwhile

tie chix legs together, otherwise when you cut the head off, he'll be
running around with no head.

prepare a hook on a tree.

after you tie the legs together, hold him down on a block of wood and
cut his head off
you should wear long this sleeves in case the chicken tries to scratch
you.

hang him by his feet and cut out all the stuff you don't want to eat
put it all in the black bag which you will later set in the hot sun by
the roadside
for the garbage men to pick up... make sure no dogs get into it, it
will probably be full of maggots and such within a day.. blaaa
hopefully the garbage men didn't JUST run, otherwise it will be out
there aaaallll weeeek looong...

eeenyway...

get the water up to 130deg, and dip him in it for about 30 seconds,
this will make plucking easier.

nothing worse than a fried chicken leg with a hard feather root
sticking through the crust

or in your case you're wanting stock... so just boil the whole thing
till the meat starts to fall of the bone

yummmmmmmmmm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> Traveling back and forth thru a few states from VA to CT, we stop at all

the
> Costco's and BJ's for our breaks; I looked at all of them for Minor's

stock
> base. I finally found both Beef and Chicken base at BJ's in Allentown,
> Pennsylvania.
>
> Funny, it was not with the chicken/beef bullion cubes, but on a completely
> different aisle -- the canned soup aisle.
> They were $5.79 each.
> Dee Dee

Dee,

Interesting... of course, no BJ'S in Texas. Did the container say to
refrigerate after purchase?

Chris in Pearland, TX

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chris Marksberry" > wrote in message

> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
>> Traveling back and forth thru a few states from VA to CT, we stop at all

> the
>> Costco's and BJ's for our breaks; I looked at all of them for Minor's

> stock
>> base. I finally found both Beef and Chicken base at BJ's in Allentown,
>> Pennsylvania.
>>
>> Funny, it was not with the chicken/beef bullion cubes, but on a
>> completely
>> different aisle -- the canned soup aisle.
>> They were $5.79 each.
>> Dee Dee
>>

> Dee,
>
> Interesting... of course, no BJ'S in Texas. Did the container say to
> refrigerate after purchase?
>
> Chris in Pearland, TX

Chris, it says on both, "Refrigerate for Optimum Flavor."
Dee >

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > Dee,
> >
> > Interesting... of course, no BJ'S in Texas. Did the container say to
> > refrigerate after purchase?
> >
> > Chris in Pearland, TX
> >

> Chris, it says on both, "Refrigerate for Optimum Flavor."
> Dee >

Dee,

Heidi of the Allserv people once gave me a tip about the bases... she said
you could just toss them in the freezer and they would last virtually
forever. Probably not a problem now, but if you accumulate as many as I
have it's a good idea for storing.

Chris in Pearland, TX and happy Minoring!