Jimmy Tango

Default Cooking Shows

> > Do any of you watch cooking shows?

Yes.

>> If so what do you like in a cooking
>> show?

An informative and somewhat entertaining and likeable host.

>>What do you hate?

Overrated *chefs* with catch phrases such as "Bam!", Ina Garten (don't even
get me started on her), and most of the newer shows on Foodtv, such as Date
Plate.

>>What would you do if you had a cooking show? TIA

I would fry Spam in the nude.

Jimmy Tango

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Evander" > wrote in message
> y.com...
> > Do any of you watch cooking shows? If so what do you like in a cooking
> > show? What do you hate? What would you do if you had a cooking show?

TIA

> I really love shows that repeat the same thing over and over. I just

can't
> get enough of people yelling "BAM!" and the mesmerized look of audience
> members when the "chef" peels some garlic. I don't think you could

improve
> on that.

Heh, that was good.

Jimmy Tango

"Mr. C" > wrote in message

> >Overrated *chefs* with catch phrases such as "Bam!", Ina Garten (don't

even
> >get me started on her), and most of the newer shows on Foodtv, such as

Date
> >Plate.

> Then there's the one where the host hasta say "MMMMMMMMM ...smells
> GREAT" a couple dozen times during her half hour.

Or: "EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil". What's the point of that? If you are
going to explain the acronym every time, why use the acronym?

Still, Rachael is scrumptious.

yeahyeahyeah

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:49:46 GMT, "Evander"
> wrote:

>What would you do if you had a cooking show? TIA

I'd love to do "Cooking for the Complete ****ing Moron." Aim it at
college students trying to cook for the first time. It would be a lot
ruder than "How to Boil Water".

Vox Humana

"yeahyeahyeah" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:49:46 GMT, "Evander"
> > wrote:
>
> >What would you do if you had a cooking show? TIA

> I'd love to do "Cooking for the Complete ****ing Moron." Aim it at
> college students trying to cook for the first time. It would be a lot
> ruder than "How to Boil Water".

I don't know if it would have to target college students. We have a local
radio cooking show on Saturdays. The people who call appear to be quite
mature. Every week they ask the same question and request the same recipe.
The latest recipe they all want is "the pineapple angel food cake." This
cake as two ingredients: one box of angel food cake mix and one 20 oz. can
of crushed pineapple in juice. There isn't a week that goes by that someone
doesn't call and say that they couldn't remember the ingredients and request
that the recipe be repeated. The second most frequent request goes
something like this: "I am having a dinner party TONIGHT and I bought
(insert item here), how do you cook that?