Posted to rec.food.cooking
Win Win is offline

Default Help, Pot stuck on glass cooktop!

My friend just asked me to post this questions, as she has a major problem
and doesn't know what to do.

She was cooking gefilta fish and the liquid overflowed. The fish she says
is delicious, but the Analon pot is stuck to the GE glass cooktop. Any
suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can continue cooking for her
sedar?

Thanks.
Win

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Win wrote:
> My friend just asked me to post this questions, as she has a major problem
> and doesn't know what to do.
>
> She was cooking gefilta fish and the liquid overflowed. The fish she says
> is delicious, but the Analon pot is stuck to the GE glass cooktop. Any
> suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can continue cooking for her
> sedar?
>
> Thanks.
> Win

spray with some more water and heat gently? fish stock has a ton of
gelatin in it, whoch is probably contributing to the sticking.

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.cmayes.net/blog/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

Adam Bowman wrote:
>I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
> then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
> wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
> messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
> your intention?
>
> That type of argument is like
>
> "Bob shot someone"
>
> "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Win wrote:

> She was cooking gefilta fish and the liquid overflowed. The fish she says
> is delicious, but the Analon pot is stuck to the GE glass cooktop. Any
> suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can continue cooking for her
> sedar?

Call up the GE product hotline (no, I didn't check to see if they had
one but pretty sure you can do that with your computer) and ask them?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Win Win is offline

: She was cooking gefilta fish and the liquid overflowed. The fish she says
: is delicious, but the Analon pot is stuck to the GE glass cooktop. Any
: suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can continue cooking for her
: sedar?

Thanks, the pot came off when the cooktop cooled completely.

Win

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:14:00 -0400, Win wrote:

> My friend just asked me to post this questions, as she has a major problem
> and doesn't know what to do.
>
> She was cooking gefilta fish and the liquid overflowed. The fish she says
> is delicious, but the Analon pot is stuck to the GE glass cooktop. Any
> suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can continue cooking for her
> sedar?

What a slob! Tell her to clean up her messes sooner next time. It's
just a dried on sticky liquid and that's why the pot is stuck... try
putting a little hot/boiling water or maybe OxiClean around the pot
and gently slide a spatula under to loosen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Any
>suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can continue cooking for her
>sedar?

Does the cooking instrument have Sabbath Mode?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Win wrote:

> : She was cooking gefilta fish and the liquid overflowed. The fish she says
> : is delicious, but the Analon pot is stuck to the GE glass cooktop. Any
> : suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can continue cooking for her
> : sedar?
>
> Thanks, the pot came off when the cooktop cooled completely.
>
> Win

Ok, this is just a little off of what you asked but one of our
neighbours fell asleep with a pot boiling on the stove. It boiled dry
and melded to the stove then finally stated a fire. So be very careful.
I've never had this happen myself and don't care to test it out but if
it happened on a regular stove top it could happen on a glass cooktop..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Apr 2006 07:47:05p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?

> Win wrote:
>
>> : She was cooking gefilta fish and the liquid overflowed. The fish she
>> : says is delicious, but the Analon pot is stuck to the GE glass
>> : cooktop. Any suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can
>> : continue cooking for her sedar?
>>
>> Thanks, the pot came off when the cooktop cooled completely.
>>
>> Win
>>

> Ok, this is just a little off of what you asked but one of our
> neighbours fell asleep with a pot boiling on the stove. It boiled dry
> and melded to the stove then finally stated a fire. So be very careful.
> I've never had this happen myself and don't care to test it out but if
> it happened on a regular stove top it could happen on a glass cooktop..

Many of the glass cooktops have a safety switch that cuts off the element
when thsoe types of extreme temperature are reached. I know for sure that
GE and Frigidaire have this reature, and I'm sure others do as well.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Win" > wrote in message

> : She was cooking gefilta fish and the liquid overflowed. The fish she

says
> : is delicious, but the Analon pot is stuck to the GE glass cooktop. Any
> : suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can continue cooking for her
> : sedar?
>
> Thanks, the pot came off when the cooktop cooled completely.

Should a pot stick like that again, twist it off. (Rotating force, as to
make the pot turn clockwise or counterclockwise on the surface.)