Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bun-Zilla the sequel

This time it's better

side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg

front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg

I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

--
D.Currie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 09 Apr 2006 04:18:17p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it D.Currie?

> This time it's better
>
> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

Aw, how cute! I wouldn't have the heart to eat him!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D.Currie" > wrote

> This time it's better
>
> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

(laughing!) Damsel calls Crash's daughter Kidzilla, I thought
this post was that she'd had the baby.

Oh, and your first story about the bunny cake, that was
a howler. So funny.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

D.Currie wrote:
> This time it's better
>
> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

Adorable! Like Wayne, I wouldn't have the heart to slice the little
critter.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

D.Currie wrote:
> This time it's better
>
> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

That's the side view twice! It's cute!
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> D.Currie wrote:
>> This time it's better
>>
>> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.
>>

> That's the side view twice! It's cute!
> -L.

Oops.Here's the front: http://i1.tinypic.com/v3m2hw.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> D.Currie wrote:
>> This time it's better
>>
>> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

> Adorable! Like Wayne, I wouldn't have the heart to slice the little
> critter.
>
> Jill

Well, it's going to work with DH, so I won't know what happens to it. There
are two others to keep it company. I told him that I'll probably do another
batch mid-week, to perfect the process, so he can take those to work, too.

Then I'll make a fresh one Easter morning, and buns, too. I figure that half
of the buns will be bunny faces, with the ears flopped down so I don't have
to deal with ears breaking off. The other half will just be round buns with
a smaller round blob attached. So the bun choices will be heads or tails.
hehe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:18:17 -0600, D.Currie wrote:

> This time it's better
>
> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg

same view

> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

It's adorable, Donna.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I couldn't either. I bet the little kids will fall in love with it.
What a funny story though,,,,,,,,Barb K

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:18:17 -0600, "D.Currie"
> wrote:

>This time it's better
>
>side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
>I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

Adorable! You're a talented sculptress!

Carol
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:18:17 -0600, "D.Currie"
> wrote:

>This time it's better
>
>side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
>front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
>I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

Funny! Can you control the browning on the ears, head and nose? I
coudn't, but a baker of you obvious talents might have some tricks to
use for a cause of this import.

Regardless, thanks for the sweet pix.

--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"modom" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:18:17 -0600, "D.Currie"
> > wrote:
>
>>This time it's better
>>
>>side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>>front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>>I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

> Funny! Can you control the browning on the ears, head and nose? I
> coudn't, but a baker of you obvious talents might have some tricks to
> use for a cause of this import.

Things tend to brown more at the back of the oven, so if the next one faces
forward, the face will probably be less brown.

If I do an eggwash, it would be shiny, but I'm not sure if I'd want the
whole thing that way, or maybe just select portions. Maybe just brighten the
ears, eyes, and nose.

And maybe rice flour on the tail, so it's all white.

This is getting to be fun.

> Regardless, thanks for the sweet pix.

Glad you liked it. Now all I have to do is get it "perfect" for Easter
dinner!

Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:18:17 -0600, "D.Currie"
> wrote:

>This time it's better
>
>side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
>front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
>I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

That's adorably silly!

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

D.Currie wrote:
> This time it's better
>
> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.
>

> --
> D.Currie

Are you making Iced-Bun-ny?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT: a bunny story (WAS: Bun-Zilla the sequel)

D.Currie wrote:
> This time it's better
>
> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

Back around 1984 I moved back in with my parents while going through a
divorce. I'd sit out on the front porch with my mom as the sun went down.
One day we both noticed something out of the corner of our eyes but we
didn't know what it was; we thought it was a toad. After a few days we
noticed it again. It wasn't a toad, it was a teeny tiny bunny. It had made
a nest inside the drainage holes in the bricks along the front patio. So we
started putting out lettuce and carrots and sitting out there watching the
tiny rabbit. We're talking about one that would fit in the palm of your
hand.

One day I was standing at the front window looking out for the baby bunny
when my father said, "What the **** are you looking at out there? Better
not be a ****cat!" I sighed. No, Dad, it's not a cat. "Well what is
it?!", he asked. Okay (sigh)... come here. Look. Be quiet!

He came over and looked... and he melted. "Awwww! It's a baby bunny!"
Yeah, it's a baby bunny. It lives in the hole in the bricks. Dad asked,
"Do we have any lettuce?" LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default a bunny story (WAS: Bun-Zilla the sequel)

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> D.Currie wrote:
>> This time it's better
>>
>> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

The ears are cute as they are, too.
Dee Dee

> Back around 1984 I moved back in with my parents while going through a
> divorce. I'd sit out on the front porch with my mom as the sun went down.
> One day we both noticed something out of the corner of our eyes but we
> didn't know what it was; we thought it was a toad. After a few days we
> noticed it again. It wasn't a toad, it was a teeny tiny bunny. It had
> made
> a nest inside the drainage holes in the bricks along the front patio. So
> we
> started putting out lettuce and carrots and sitting out there watching the
> tiny rabbit. We're talking about one that would fit in the palm of your
> hand.
>
> One day I was standing at the front window looking out for the baby bunny
> when my father said, "What the **** are you looking at out there? Better
> not be a ****cat!" I sighed. No, Dad, it's not a cat. "Well what is
> it?!", he asked. Okay (sigh)... come here. Look. Be quiet!
>
> He came over and looked... and he melted. "Awwww! It's a baby bunny!"
> Yeah, it's a baby bunny. It lives in the hole in the bricks. Dad asked,
> "Do we have any lettuce?" LOL
>
> Jill

What a cute story, DH and I liked it and are still smiling.

An aside: I watched a story about the Cane Toads in Australia. What a
take-over.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> D.Currie wrote:
>> This time it's better
>>
>> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

> Back around 1984 I moved back in with my parents while going through a
> divorce. I'd sit out on the front porch with my mom as the sun went down.
> One day we both noticed something out of the corner of our eyes but we
> didn't know what it was; we thought it was a toad. After a few days we
> noticed it again. It wasn't a toad, it was a teeny tiny bunny. It had made
> a nest inside the drainage holes in the bricks along the front patio. So we
> started putting out lettuce and carrots and sitting out there watching the
> tiny rabbit. We're talking about one that would fit in the palm of your
> hand.
>
> One day I was standing at the front window looking out for the baby bunny
> when my father said, "What the **** are you looking at out there? Better
> not be a ****cat!" I sighed. No, Dad, it's not a cat. "Well what is
> it?!", he asked. Okay (sigh)... come here. Look. Be quiet!
>
> He came over and looked... and he melted. "Awwww! It's a baby bunny!"
> Yeah, it's a baby bunny. It lives in the hole in the bricks. Dad asked,
> "Do we have any lettuce?" LOL
>
> Jill

CUTE!!!

My friend Alex was up visiting me from Miami back in August. I was getting
ready for my party so he and my friend Julie walked down to the coffee shop up
the street to get me some fortification. On the way back he suddenly shrieked
startling Julie and almost making her drop the coffees.

There was a bunny in a neighbors yard. Apparently in his part of Miami they
don't have bunnies in yards. I shocked and amazed him with tales of bunnies
wandering around my yard, running in the street and generally being boring
little lagomorphs.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> D.Currie wrote:
>>> This time it's better
>>>
>>> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>>
>>> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>>
>>> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

> The ears are cute as they are, too.
> Dee Dee
>

>> Back around 1984 I moved back in with my parents while going through
>> a divorce. I'd sit out on the front porch with my mom as the sun
>> went down. One day we both noticed something out of the corner of
>> our eyes but we didn't know what it was; we thought it was a toad.
>> After a few days we noticed it again. It wasn't a toad, it was a
>> teeny tiny bunny. It had made
>> a nest inside the drainage holes in the bricks along the front
>> patio. So we
>> started putting out lettuce and carrots and sitting out there
>> watching the tiny rabbit. We're talking about one that would fit in
>> the palm of your hand.
>>
>> One day I was standing at the front window looking out for the baby
>> bunny when my father said, "What the **** are you looking at out
>> there? Better not be a ****cat!" I sighed. No, Dad, it's not a
>> cat. "Well what is it?!", he asked. Okay (sigh)... come here.
>> Look. Be quiet!
>>
>> He came over and looked... and he melted. "Awwww! It's a baby
>> bunny!" Yeah, it's a baby bunny. It lives in the hole in the
>> bricks. Dad asked, "Do we have any lettuce?" LOL
>>
>> Jill
>>

> What a cute story, DH and I liked it and are still smiling.
>
> An aside: I watched a story about the Cane Toads in Australia. What a
> take-over.
> Dee Dee

I don't know about cane toads in Australia, but when I first moved into this
apartment there was a nasty storm that blew down a birds nest onto my patio.
I spotted a toad making itself quite at home in the nest after the storm

I love your bunny bread; can only imagine what the little muffins will look
like! You are very creative.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9 Apr 2006 23:29:02 -0700, dee wrote:

> D.Currie wrote:
> > This time it's better
> >
> > side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
> >
> > front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
> >
> > I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.
> >

> > --
> > D.Currie

> Are you making Iced-Bun-ny?

That's a great thought! Make the bunny out of a sweetbread dough and
ice it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

D.Currie wrote:
>> This time it's better
>>
>> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.
>>

>> --
>> D.Currie

Wonderful job! It will most certainly be a hit.

Debbie

(Email account is valid but one I do not check. To email use above
name dot neill at sympatico dot ca)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 07:17:21 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> we
> started putting out lettuce and carrots and sitting out there watching the
> tiny rabbit. We're talking about one that would fit in the palm of your
> hand.

I once came nose to nose with a baby skunk that size while fishing on
the bank of a river. I'd never call a grown skunk "cute" but that one
sure was! "Mom" never did show up, so I assume it was an orphan and
that's why it was sniffing around in my tackle box looking for food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

D.Currie wrote:

> This time it's better
>
> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>
> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.

I think it looks FANTASTIC. WIth your previous post, I had assumed you
were doing a flat bunny, like a drawing. Because that's all I had ever
seen.

I am so impressed that this high version looks so good. The top is only
a little darker than the rest! Very, very impressive.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jake" > wrote in message
. nl...
> D.Currie wrote:
>
>> This time it's better
>>
>> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
>>
>> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.
>>

> I think it looks FANTASTIC. WIth your previous post, I had assumed you
> were doing a flat bunny, like a drawing. Because that's all I had ever
> seen.
>
> I am so impressed that this high version looks so good. The top is only a
> little darker than the rest! Very, very impressive.

With all this praise, I'm getting quite pleased with myself! Geez, I hope I
don't start prancing around the kitchen juggling knives or something.

Seriously, though, thanks for all the comments. Now I'm all geared up for
the final versions for Easter!

Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Debbie.......your bunny is fabulous!

When you find time, could you share your 'how-to' with us?

Thanks

maureeng7

"Debbie" > wrote in message
> D.Currie wrote:
> >> This time it's better
> >>
> >> side view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
> >>
> >> front view: http://i2.tinypic.com/v3hhcj.jpg
> >>
> >> I think for final version, I'll make the ears a little longer.
> >>

> >> --
> >> D.Currie

> Wonderful job! It will most certainly be a hit.
>
> Debbie
>
> (Email account is valid but one I do not check. To email use above
> name dot neill at sympatico dot ca)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"maureeng7eh" > wrote in message
> Debbie.......your bunny is fabulous!
>
> When you find time, could you share your 'how-to' with us?
>
> Thanks
>
> maureeng7

That would be me (Donna) not Debbie.

It's a basic white dough, but anything should work. It was a pretty firm
dough, so it would hold its shape, but moist enough so the pieces wouldn't
fight too much when I stuck them together.

About 1/3 of the dough is the body. The rest is divided to make the rest of
the parts. The head and ears are one piece. When I tried to make the ears
separately and stuck them on, they'd detach when it baked.

Leg are long rolls that go under the body -- front legs are one piece, back
legs are one piece. I just cut through the ends of the dough to make toes on
the paws.

The eyes are craisins, because I had them handy, but I'll probably make them
from dough next time.

Tail is just a round ball of dough.

That's about it, unless you have some specific questions. This was the
second experimental version, so I'm still fiddling around with the concept.

Donna