Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chocolate is good for the geezers

.... of the male persuasion at least... or so they say... And, no, this
is not an April-fool joke...

Victor

Arch Intern Med. 2006;166:411-417.

Cocoa Intake, Blood Pressure, and Cardiovascular Mortality
The Zutphen Elderly Study

Brian Buijsse, MSc; Edith J. M. Feskens, PhD; Frans J. Kok, PhD; Daan
Kromhout, PhD

ABSTRACT

Background:
Small, short-term, intervention studies indicate that cocoa-containing
foods improve endothelial function and reduce blood pressure. We studied
whether habitual cocoa intake was cross-sectionally related to blood
pressure and prospectively related with cardiovascular mortality.

Conclusion:
In a cohort of elderly men, cocoa intake is inversely associated with
blood pressure and 15-year cardiovascular and all-cause mortality.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Victor Sack wrote:
> ... of the male persuasion at least... or so they say... And, no,
> this is not an April-fool joke...
>
> Victor
>

> Arch Intern Med. 2006;166:411-417.
>
> Cocoa Intake, Blood Pressure, and Cardiovascular Mortality
> The Zutphen Elderly Study
>
> Brian Buijsse, MSc; Edith J. M. Feskens, PhD; Frans J. Kok, PhD; Daan
> Kromhout, PhD
>
> ABSTRACT
>
> Background:
> Small, short-term, intervention studies indicate that cocoa-containing
> foods improve endothelial function and reduce blood pressure. We
> studied whether habitual cocoa intake was cross-sectionally related
> to blood pressure and prospectively related with cardiovascular
> mortality.
>
> Conclusion:
> In a cohort of elderly men, cocoa intake is inversely associated with
> blood pressure and 15-year cardiovascular and all-cause mortality.

Not to mention that chocolate bars were one of the few foods I could keep
down during my Chemotherapy.
It just keeps on getting better.

Ken.

--
Volunteer your idle computer time for cancer research
http//www.grid.org/download/gold/download.htm