Removing Cheesecake from springform pan

Old 26-03-2006, 11:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Removing Cheesecake from springform pan

Does anyone have any tips for removing fragile crusted cheese cakes from
the metal bottom of a springform pan? I'd like to plate it on a nice
platter but can't figure a way that will not make the fragile cracker
crust fall apart?

Thanks,
Doug
Old 26-03-2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:41:28 -0800, Doug
wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for removing fragile crusted cheese cakes from
the metal bottom of a springform pan? I'd like to plate it on a nice
platter but can't figure a way that will not make the fragile cracker
crust fall apart?

Place in freezer and get it very cold. then swipe the bottom with
dental floss. Works like a miracle.

Old 26-03-2006, 11:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for removing fragile crusted cheese cakes from
the metal bottom of a springform pan? I'd like to plate it on a nice
platter but can't figure a way that will not make the fragile cracker
crust fall apart?

Thanks,
Doug

I don't try and remove it from the springform base. I put
the cake, base and all, right onto the serving platter.
You can do this with regular cakes too, either with a
springform base or a regular cardboard cake circle.

If you have to transport it, you can stick the springform
base to the platter with a few loops of duct tape between
the base and the platter.

--
Reg

Old 27-03-2006, 02:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:41:28 -0800, Doug wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for removing fragile crusted cheese cakes from
the metal bottom of a springform pan? I'd like to plate it on a nice
platter but can't figure a way that will not make the fragile cracker
crust fall apart?

Crust isn't right if you made it right (don't short the butter).
you've buttered the pan and prebaked the crust. There are two other
tricks to use: line the bottom of the pan with waxed paper/parchment
(just pull it off), use an old fashioned cake spatula to loosen the
bottom.... or just put it on the serving plate on the removable bottom
of the springform pan. It's not a big deal, in any case.

Old 27-03-2006, 02:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for removing fragile crusted cheese cakes from
the metal bottom of a springform pan? I'd like to plate it on a nice
platter but can't figure a way that will not make the fragile cracker
crust fall apart?

Thanks,
Doug

There's a reason it's a SPRINGFORM pan! If you've got a serving
platter large enough, put the whole thing on it, base and all and just
take the ring off the outside... nobody will even notice the metal
tray.
Old 27-03-2006, 03:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 26 Mar 2006 06:15:28p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:41:28 -0800, Doug wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for removing fragile crusted cheese cakes from
the metal bottom of a springform pan? I'd like to plate it on a nice
platter but can't figure a way that will not make the fragile cracker
crust fall apart?

Crust isn't right if you made it right (don't short the butter).
you've buttered the pan and prebaked the crust. There are two other
tricks to use: line the bottom of the pan with waxed paper/parchment
(just pull it off), use an old fashioned cake spatula to loosen the
bottom.... or just put it on the serving plate on the removable bottom
of the springform pan. It's not a big deal, in any case.

There is also at least one manufacturer who makes a springform pan with a
clear ovenproof glass bottom. It should look very nice on a cake stand or
platter.

--
Wayne Boatwright @@
_____________________
Old 30-03-2006, 02:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug" wrote in message
Does anyone have any tips for removing fragile crusted cheese cakes from
the metal bottom of a springform pan? I'd like to plate it on a nice
platter but can't figure a way that will not make the fragile cracker
crust fall apart?

Thanks,
Doug

Line the bottom with parchment paper. Chill cheesecake before removing...
works great.

--
Syssi