Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default restaurant joke

Last night Leno had a great joke.

"In case of a bird flu crisis, the gov't has recommended stocking up on
canned tuna and powdered milk. Or, as Red Lobster calls it, "Our Creamy
Clam Chowder."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael L Kankiewicz wrote:
> Last night Leno had a great joke.
>
> "In case of a bird flu crisis, the gov't has recommended stocking up on
> canned tuna and powdered milk. Or, as Red Lobster calls it, "Our Creamy
> Clam Chowder."

Between Leno and Red Lobster, the latter has far more credibility,
reliability, and quality going for it.

I hope they sue his ass.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blair P. Houghton" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Michael L Kankiewicz wrote:
>> Last night Leno had a great joke.
>>
>> "In case of a bird flu crisis, the gov't has recommended stocking up on
>> canned tuna and powdered milk. Or, as Red Lobster calls it, "Our Creamy
>> Clam Chowder."

> Between Leno and Red Lobster, the latter has far more credibility,
> reliability, and quality going for it.
>
> I hope they sue his ass.
>
> --Blair

You are funny, you ought to be on late night TV. Quality at Red Lobster?
Sure, but its BAD quality (admittedly reliably bad, if that's a plus).
Anyone who loves good seafood would never go there more than once. It's sort
of a seafood Cracker Barrel. Leno was right on target.

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blair P. Houghton" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Michael L Kankiewicz wrote:
>> Last night Leno had a great joke.
>>
>> "In case of a bird flu crisis, the gov't has recommended stocking up on
>> canned tuna and powdered milk. Or, as Red Lobster calls it, "Our Creamy
>> Clam Chowder."

> Between Leno and Red Lobster, the latter has far more credibility,
> reliability, and quality going for it.
>
> I hope they sue his ass.
>
> --Blair

Hell...most of RL's customers probably can't hear what's happening on the TV
anyway. Unless a corporate drone was listening, they'll never know what Leno
said. And besides, it's true, so there's no slander involved.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter Aitken wrote:
> "Blair P. Houghton"
> > Between Leno and Red Lobster, the latter has far more credibility,
> > reliability, and quality going for it.
> >
> > I hope they sue his ass.
> >
> > --Blair
> >

> You are funny, you ought to be on late night TV. Quality at Red Lobster?
> Sure, but its BAD quality (admittedly reliably bad, if that's a plus).
> Anyone who loves good seafood would never go there more than once. It's sort
> of a seafood Cracker Barrel. Leno was right on target.

No, their quality is just fine. I go to plenty of places where I spend
3X the money and get 1.1X the quality.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Kanter wrote:
> "Blair P. Houghton" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Michael L Kankiewicz wrote:
> >> Last night Leno had a great joke.
> >>
> >> "In case of a bird flu crisis, the gov't has recommended stocking up on
> >> canned tuna and powdered milk. Or, as Red Lobster calls it, "Our Creamy
> >> Clam Chowder."

> > Between Leno and Red Lobster, the latter has far more credibility,
> > reliability, and quality going for it.
> >
> > I hope they sue his ass.
> >
> > --Blair
> >

> Hell...most of RL's customers probably can't hear what's happening on the TV
> anyway. Unless a corporate drone was listening, they'll never know what Leno
> said. And besides, it's true, so there's no slander involved.

It's true? Red Lobster's clam chowder is made with tuna and powdered
milk, Leno said. Are you going to file and amicus brief in Leno's
defense? Are you going to take the stand if you're subpoenaed?

I didn't think so. Kiss your credibility goodbye.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
> Michael L Kankiewicz wrote:
>
>>Last night Leno had a great joke.
>>
>>"In case of a bird flu crisis, the gov't has recommended stocking up on
>>canned tuna and powdered milk. Or, as Red Lobster calls it, "Our Creamy
>>Clam Chowder."

> Between Leno and Red Lobster, the latter has far more credibility,
> reliability, and quality going for it.
>
> I hope they sue his ass.
>
> --Blair

Quality at Red Lobster? Are you sure you have the right place in mind?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 18 Mar 2006 06:09:12a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it George?

> Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> Michael L Kankiewicz wrote:
>>
>>>Last night Leno had a great joke.
>>>
>>>"In case of a bird flu crisis, the gov't has recommended stocking up on
>>>canned tuna and powdered milk. Or, as Red Lobster calls it, "Our Creamy
>>>Clam Chowder."

>> Between Leno and Red Lobster, the latter has far more credibility,
>> reliability, and quality going for it.
>>
>> I hope they sue his ass.
>>
>> --Blair
>>

> Quality at Red Lobster? Are you sure you have the right place in mind?

It depends almost entirely on the individual store. I've been to a few
that were excellent. I wish I could say the same for all of them.

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Sat 18 Mar 2006 06:09:12a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it George?
>
>> Blair P. Houghton wrote:

>>> Between Leno and Red Lobster, the latter has far more credibility,
>>> reliability, and quality going for it.
>>>
>>> I hope they sue his ass.
>>>
>>> --Blair
>>>

>> Quality at Red Lobster? Are you sure you have the right place in mind?
>>

> It depends almost entirely on the individual store. I've been to a few
> that were excellent. I wish I could say the same for all of them.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright ożo

Geez, how could you damage Red Lobster by saying something about them.
Where goes Olive Garden, goes Red Lobster -- owned by the same company I
guess. In our closest town (small and as you can see, getting big) of
Winchester they opened last week an Olive Garden and DH read that they will
be building a Red Lobster too. I'm sure both restaurants will do quite
well.
Haven't eaten at either for a very long time and neither but only a few
times; as a matter of fact, neither have I watched Jay Leno in many years.
Ho Hum! Just not in the main stream.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sat 18 Mar 2006 06:09:12a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it George?
> > Quality at Red Lobster? Are you sure you have the right place in mind?

> It depends almost entirely on the individual store. I've been to a few
> that were excellent. I wish I could say the same for all of them.

I've had the same experience with Ruth's Chris.

Indian Bend Road store used to be the best steakhouse in town (and this
is a steakhouse town) and had positively obsequieous service. Went to
San Francisco, the RC there didn't know how to cook a steak, and the
service was unconscionable. A few years later, the Indian Bend Road
store sucks.

Meanwhile, every Red Lobster I've ever been in has had prompt service
and food right in the target zone, even when I'm calling my own shot
(trout, cajun spice, no oil, broiled; baked potato, dry; carrots only
instead of mixed veggies) they do it well enough that I rarely make
that at home any more. I will go to the Salt Cellar when I want
something like smoked halibut, and Rockfish for the fried oyster Po'boy
or the Copper River salmon in season, but there's nothing wrong with
RL. It's solid if not spectacular, and it doesn't serve fake food.

Anyone slandering Red Lobster is slandering Red Lobster. The way Leno
did it used falsifiable facts. If I was RL's general counsel, I'd sue
and win an easy settlement.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18 Mar 2006 09:20:16 -0800, "Blair P. Houghton"
> wrote:

>Meanwhile, every Red Lobster I've ever been in has had prompt service
>and food right in the target zone, even when I'm calling my own shot
>(trout, cajun spice, no oil, broiled; baked potato, dry; carrots only
>instead of mixed veggies) they do it well enough that I rarely make
>that at home any more.

Next time you're in Minnesota, stop by the Maplewood Red Lobster. We
used to enjoy their food, and the service was excellent. The last
time we ate there was the LAST time. I've blocked the pain from my
memory, so I can't tell you what we ordered, but the service sucked
almost as bad as the food did.

Oh, and they had changed the seating arrangements. We were seated at
a flat surface (couldn't really call it a table) that would have been
almost sufficient for one diner. Never again.

Peace and Kleenex,
Carol

OT-Joke Ernest Pickard General Cooking 0 24-11-2008 04:39 AM
Deconstructing a restaurant's wine price list (Miami Beach's Yuca Restaurant) Leo Bueno[_2_] Wine 0 07-09-2008 09:53 PM
F R E E $50 - no joke! Angelina Baking 0 09-09-2006 11:11 AM
Joke Du Jour, Best blond joke I've seen in awhile... OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 10 11-04-2006 03:25 AM
OT - Joke Brick Barbecue 2 06-07-2005 03:41 AM