Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
other dinner recipes?

Thank you
--
---
Nate

Old 08-03-2006, 09:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

MCHSI News Server wrote:

I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
other dinner recipes?

Thank you

Have you tried it the classic way, with asparagus?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"MCHSI News Server" wrote in message
I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes

of
dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are

there
any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How

about
other dinner recipes?

Outstanding on virtually any fish or on poached eggs
sitting on grilled ham sitting on a half English muffin...

pavane

Old 08-03-2006, 10:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

MCHSI News Server wrote:

I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
other dinner recipes?

Thank you

Classic:

Aparagus
eggs
fish

Also try:

Add some chopped tarragon for a bernaise(like) sauce, and put it on
grilled beef

--
Reg

Old 09-03-2006, 12:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nate wrote:
I did try on broccoli . We liked that.

I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any recipes. Like
I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are good
with Hollandaise.

But any recipes you can post that I could try the Hollandaise on are
appreciated.

Thank you.

I've never heard of pasta with hollandaise. It sounds too rich.

I agree what the other posters have said - fish, meats, eggs, or
veggies. It's good on eggs benedict, omelettes, grilled filets of fish
or beef, asparagus, broccoli. I've seen it served with quiche as well.
Never on anything like pasta, in my experience. But heck, you can
always experiment and see how you like it. Let us know if it works!

Old 09-03-2006, 12:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:53:27 GMT, "Nate" wrote:

I did try on broccoli . We liked that.

I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any recipes. Like
I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are good
with Hollandaise.

Flavors of butter & lemon. How bad can it be on pasta. Cook some
pasta and put some on a small serving and try it.
--
Susan N.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

You could always grill some chicken and asparagus, and steam some
rice, and serve the sauce with that.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Old 09-03-2006, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com,
"Jude" wrote:

I've never heard of pasta with hollandaise. It sounds too rich.

I agree what the other posters have said - fish, meats, eggs, or
veggies. It's good on eggs benedict, omelettes, grilled filets of fish
or beef, asparagus, broccoli. I've seen it served with quiche as well.
Never on anything like pasta, in my experience. But heck, you can
always experiment and see how you like it. Let us know if it works!

I don't think it would be any more rich than hollandaise with eggs.

I like the fish idea, that would be wonderful, I think.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

The Cook wrote:

I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any recipes. Like
I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are good
with Hollandaise.

Flavors of butter & lemon. How bad can it be on pasta. Cook some
pasta and put some on a small serving and try it.

That got me thinking....... I imagine that if you grilled some shrimp, or maybe
poached some shrimp and salad and had it on pasta with Hollandaise it would be
pretty damned tasty. The only problem is some purist might whine that because of
the seafood it is no longer "hollandaise".

Old 09-03-2006, 01:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nate wrote:

I did try on broccoli . We liked that.

I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any
recipes. Like
I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are
good
with Hollandaise.

But any recipes you can post that I could try the Hollandaise on are
appreciated.

Thank you.

I have used it to make lasagna as the 'elderly relative' cant tolerate
much cooked tomato sauce, i also enjoy it on omelets or scrambled eggs.

Just about any fish dish including a tuna casserole goes well with
hollandaise, and while asparagus is routinely served with it i like it
on just about any steamed veggie, broccoli, cauliflower etc. etc.
---
JL

---
Nate

. nl...

Old 09-03-2006, 06:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:53:55 GMT, "MCHSI News Server"
wrote:

I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
other dinner recipes?

My favorite hollandaise uses are simple -- on country potatoes, or on
asparagus, or artichokes. I am curious to see what else people will
come up with, though.

serene
Old 09-03-2006, 07:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
other dinner recipes?

Asparagus.
Fish (white fish like cod)

Nathalie in Switzerland

Old 09-03-2006, 09:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are good
with Hollandaise.

There is one that is similar but without eggs. It's called pasta al
limone. It is my favorite pasta. I have a recipe on my blog for pasta
al limone with tiny shrimps, but I usually have it without the shrimps.
It should be archived under "Good Things That Don't Look Like Much" in
September or October. Probably October, can't recall.
http://dirtpusher.blogspot.com

Old 09-03-2006, 09:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message
"Jude" hitched up their panties and posted
oups.com:

Nate wrote:
I did try on broccoli . We liked that.

I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any
recipes. Like I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta
recipes that are good with Hollandaise.

But any recipes you can post that I could try the Hollandaise on are
appreciated.

Thank you.

I've never heard of pasta with hollandaise. It sounds too rich.

I agree what the other posters have said - fish, meats, eggs, or
veggies. It's good on eggs benedict, omelettes, grilled filets of fish
or beef, asparagus, broccoli. I've seen it served with quiche as well.
Never on anything like pasta, in my experience. But heck, you can
always experiment and see how you like it. Let us know if it works!

Ya' know, I forgot about fish Jude. Thanks for the reminder. I might very
well whip up some Hollandaise the next time I make Tilapia.

Michael

It may be good on grilled scallops, I dunno, I'm just guessing.

kili