Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Leftover dinners

I've been trying to use up odd bits and pieces from the fridge and
freezer over the last few days.

Sunday night dinner: I diced a leftover baked potato and browned it
in olive oil and butter. Then I added some leftover takeout salsa and
cooked most of the liquid out. Next I added maybe a third of a bag of
baby spinach and cooked it down. I pushed the veggie mix over to the
side of the pan and scrambled some eggs in the open space. Then I
mixed everything together and topped it all with shredded cheese. We
enjoyed it with buttered toast.

Monday night dinner: I thawed out some leftover pot roast and gravy
and mixed it with canned green peas and heated it through in a pie
pan. I topped the mixture with biscuit dough and baked it until the
crust was golden brown. This potpie was really tasty and comforting
on a gray, rainy day. We ate half and we'll have the other half
tomorrow night.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> I've been trying to use up odd bits and pieces from the fridge and
> freezer over the last few days.
>
> Monday night dinner: I thawed out some leftover pot roast and gravy
> and mixed it with canned green peas and heated it through in a pie
> pan. I topped the mixture with biscuit dough and baked it until the
> crust was golden brown. This potpie was really tasty and comforting
> on a gray, rainy day. We ate half and we'll have the other half
> tomorrow night.

Pot roast pot pie! What a good idea. I sometimes have trouble selling
leftover pot roast, but I think this would do the trick. My kids like
anything with biscuit dough baked on top. :-)

Thanks for the inspiration, Tara!
Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:47:02 GMT, "Chris" >
wrote:

>Pot roast pot pie! What a good idea. I sometimes have trouble selling
>leftover pot roast, but I think this would do the trick. My kids like
>anything with biscuit dough baked on top. :-)

I hope you and the family like it! It's a good use for any leftover
bits and pieces of meat and veggies. If you are short on gravy, you
can use white sauce or cream soup.

Tara

TV dinners Anon Diabetic 61 16-02-2007 08:25 PM
The Soupification© of Leftover Scalloped Potatoes and Leftover Broccoli Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 3 30-12-2006 06:10 AM
How do your dinners come together? Ludmillia General Cooking 9 31-08-2006 11:55 PM
How do your dinners come together? Ludmillia General Cooking 1 28-08-2006 01:15 PM